Straplok

7.jpg

if you are refering to the contraption above, it's a simple mechanism. it comes in 2 components, the guitar button & the strap button. you attach both to your guitar's body/ favourite strap, respectively. the strap part is then attached to the guitar part for a good lock down.

however, the parts aren't universal in sizes, they are often smaller than your default guitar/ bass strap button cavities. a simple remedy (DIY) is to jam a match stick into your current cavity then insert the Strap Lock mechanism. the macth stick acts as a cavity filler here.

alternatively, you can fill up your cavity with wood filler then proceed to instal the Strap Lock contraption.

the other one is a round plastic piece which looks like
dunlopsl.jpg

basically, you kinda like twist it till the hole is big enough to go into the strap button then you tighten it by twisting is again. Omg. That was a crappy explaination. :lol:

imo strap lock is very important.....

how many times we actually have our fav babe drop off :(

my fav babe last time went off once and the neck head first.. u can imagine the damange :?

yeah i use the ergo 1.

i remember some1 drilling a hole through n arcade token and
screwing it over the strap and strap button as a straplock.
very innovative if u ask me.

i used to lik jim dunlop strap lock, these days I m more into schaller - more stable if U ask me

i bought the dunlop strap lock but the screw is larger than the hole in my guitar. so whaddaya suggest guys?

thanks guys but i'm actually facing a different problem the dunlop screw is larger than the hole in my guitar. so do i really have to drill?

you can send the guitar to a tech to enlarge them. alternatively, sell it off & opt for the alternative mechanism which is equally effective & least problematic to instal.

I use schallers as well

Way easier to assemble then dunlops. Awesome stuff.

Warning for schallers please use a spanner to tighten the straplok onto your strap. If u hand tighten, likelihood that its gonna drop off leaving u a nice ding or horrors a broken neck.

I would love to recommend the planet waves....very reliable to me...have a few of them and use it for all my guitars....those dimarzios always come with short strap which very uncomfy for me.... :(

Back