standard notations

strats

hello guys any websites that teach you how to read standard notations? i can't do it for nuts no luck surfing around either.. can standard notations be translated into tabs?

man if guitarpro had the feature to convert standard notations to a tab, i'd b more than a thousand times happier. mayb there is such a software who knows. Or u can try asking ur sch band ppl for help :lol:

GP4 can only show the standard notation but cant change.. and band people cant really help, i asked around.. don't understand a thing they say.. they don't play guitar too so wun understand.. bro you were in band last time :wink:

Look at note reading as "deciphering" whether the notes go up (higher) or down (lower). Don't think of the alphabets!
If you ask any musician who reads, THE TRUTH, you'll that find none of them "think" music notes to alphabets, then the alphabets to notes on the keyboard (or in this case frets)! Stop any of these musicians while they are reading music, halfway thru, and ask them what were the alphabets of the last 3 notes they were playing and chances are they'll take a while to tell you because they have to THINK which alphabets they were playing - no one thinks alphabets WHILE playing. :lol:

It's all RELATIVE! Is the note going higher or lower? Is it going higher or lower by a little bit (step) or a "hop" (skip) or a whole lot (a leap)?! :wink:
Then it's only up to YOU to take the LEAP (or step or skip) to the notes you think the music sheet is saying.

Of course, like anything you learn, after working this out, you'd have to PRACTICE (like when you practice guitar "by ear"!) this method until you get "automatic" with it. That's how people end up READING music! :D

QF

strats said:
hello guys any websites that teach you how to read standard notations? i can't do it for nuts no luck surfing around either.. can standard notations be translated into tabs?

if u have anything you need to convert u can send it to me and i can TRY to help you. Knowing the notes alone is only a part of converting it to tab, you also gotta know which string the note will be best played on etc. etc.

ok simply put

the staff looks something like this, only longer, and the notes represented are those in the treble clef

____

____

____

____

____

or to remember, on the 5 lines, from bottom up is Every Good Boy Deserves Food and for the spaces, bottom up is well, FACE

thats as basic as it gets

no bro primary school :?
jeremy:yeah that much i know.. but how do you translate it to an actual tab?

strats said:
no bro primary school :?
jeremy:yeah that much i know.. but how do you translate it to an actual tab?
i do read them but quite slowly.. translating them to tabs is a bit hard cuz u have quite a number of positions (usually 2 or 3) to fret the guitar to play the same note, hwere as, on keyboard, theres on'y 1 key to play the note... if u see some chords, u'll have to work out which is the optimal position... may be high up on teh neck or may be low down...

tabbing canon in D now... sianz

Back