slides

hofner

Anyone know where i can buy a wide variety of slides? I only own the chrome plated slide that is already tarnishing or is it rusting on the inside.

Yea i got that too. A total turn off when i found that it had rusted on the inside. The only place i know that sells slides is sweelee. Get the glass one. It's good.

got a slide recently at jade music at peninsula. they've only got the medium chrome plated and glass.. i remember seeing a wider variety at yamaha before.

tip: don't buy one. use anything u can grab. I used to use my nokia 2100 as a slide. :) Now using my tremolo bar as one.

thor666 said:
tip: don't buy one. use anything u can grab. I used to use my nokia 2100 as a slide. :) Now using my tremolo bar as one.

LOL!! nice one i just tried with my lighter hahaha

No where near the same man. Been looking around for brass slides. Ain't seen any around yet. They look pretty good to me.

haha pooo don't u wish this was the US or something, where every type of slide imaginable is available, let alone guitars and amps and fx..hai..

Yea balls, plus an abundance on luthiers to make extreme, cool, modifications to personalize your favourite guitar and stuff. But then again i'm thankful that at least Singapore has something. As compared to Beijing when i went there, the guitar stores CMI, and the music scene there, worse than ours.

Jem007 said:
haha pooo don't u wish this was the US or something, where every type of slide imaginable is available, let alone guitars and amps and fx..hai..

+10 to that....i want the claw like slide.

on the subject of luthiers..they've got really creative and great ones in other countries..heard of EKG guitars? they can custom make you a guitar with most of the popular Ibanez guitar bodies and necks and pickups and make you a custom guitar for reasonable prices..really cool...so you could have like a jem body with a nice pgm neck and reverse headstock and maybe some nice dimarzios and sharktooth inlays..totally cool..i even saw one where this guy had a 3-in-1 guitar, best of three totally different guitars in one: jason becker style "numbers" inlay, fender strat-style headstock and tele body, with maple fingerboard..haha really cool..

Man LGM. If i were loaded i'd definitely get them to do a 7 stringer up, the same way they did Francesco Fareri's. Really really sweet looking.

Back