Singing: Talent or Learned?

haha... the carmel is supposed to coat ur throat inner lining... pahragex or something lidat... pls spare me from spelling tests..

yup...we should have a sticky methods on warming ups, singing, sight reading , falsetto and pitching, phrasing and breathing...

hmm

Aviawind said:
haha after u ate the dark choc, u hv energy, but u dun have the voice to sing liao... :lol:
haha...of course dun eat the choc right before singing lah...
gv sum time...
maybe in the morning or a couple of hours before...
tried and tested on me...not bad lah i must say...
but that was sum time back...now duno lah...hahaha

Juno said:
Aviawind said:
haha after u ate the dark choc, u hv energy, but u dun have the voice to sing liao... :lol:
haha...of course dun eat the choc right before singing lah...
gv sum time...
maybe in the morning or a couple of hours before...
tried and tested on me...not bad lah i must say...
but that was sum time back...now duno lah...hahaha

hmm...anyway i'm not much of a choc lover....so doesn't really applies to my case here den..haha~ but mayb ur can try out n tell me the effects den~ mayb it really does wonder to ur voices~! :lol:

hehe..
all depends on individual...
to me as long as u are healthy...
u noe wats gd n wats not for ur throat...
did some stretching n warm-up before ur performance...
itz all systems go...
anyway..like i said abt the choc thingy...
itz tried n tested on me...
n it really does wonders...
hehehe...

Re: Of coz u can

sirfan said:
Believe me when I say.. .you can be a good singer.

You will need to practice a lot. Try listening to different singers performing different genres of music. Jazz, Latin, rock, ballads, rnb.

Learn the different styles then you develop your own.

First you will need to learn the proper breathing then it goes from there.

Tell you the truth, when I first started out, I just sing and do not know the proper way of singing. I don't even sound good. Worse than a toad!

But as time goes by, i learn and keep on learning... try to sing in harmony also.

Don't worry... you will be able to sing well before you know it.

Find your own style!

Hey, i know u!! :D

vocal practice

personally, i alwaes thought that everyone can sing well.
ya just need to be familiar with your voice
and know its capabilities and limitations.

no point practicing until your lungs and throat get sore. :D
ya wouldnt want to damage your vox box or anything.

when ya know it well enough, you can sing a genre
that compliments your voice. :)

but hehe, i what do i know. :wink:

I hate to make people feel down... but i think some people's voice sound better than others....
I believe there is such thing as vocal talent, since our voice is as much a physical element as our body. It's like saying, is there such thing as good looking people, and yeah, you look at the actors and actress, with nice shapes and good features, but then some will say everyone is beautiful, i would say, yeah!! beautiful in their own way, but not good looking....
So when it comes to voice, there are people who doesn't need too much vocal training, their voice quality is already good and get praises throughout. Then with some training, their voice gets better....
But there are those whose voice really cannot make it, everytime they sing, people criticise or laugh, some try not to laugh in front. Then people tell them their voice can actually be great if they go for proper training. Yes, their voice can improve with training, but to be great????
Can't blame the schools for thinking this way, they need money for their bread and butter right???

everyone CAN sing. IF they're able to use their diagphram and harness certain techniques.

it's the natural tone of your voice that determine who sounds / sings better, in the end.

hmmm... or maybe try different breathing styles, it's suppoesed to effect how yer voice is projected

My view is that, for singing, and in fact in playin any other instrutments as well, training hard will only bring u to a certain level. Talent is the thing that brings u further and makes u shine out from the rest. Sad but true.

talent.. and feel...

of course technique plays a big part.. practice with the proper technique can bring out your vox.

For me I think that different voices are suited for different genres. If you have those nasal voice, you can sing country, gruff voice can sing rock, smooth voice can sing ballad... so the more important thing is to find out what suits your voice best, and work on that. Or even cooler, sing something that's not suited for you, and make that work!

hmm..my problem is that sometimes i will use my throat to sing unknowingly, only when i got sore throat then i realise...i felt that i dun hv the 'POWER' to sing using my my diapghram...like kind of falsetto to me...
and then my instructor said at the chorus part, i tend to sing too loud. But i'm juz trying to sing with my feelings wat....he said i hv to project my voice n move the mic away if i gg sing loud... :(

training and lessons will only take you half the way there... honestly. it's science?. somethings you just HAVE to HAVE to be a superior vocalist... you can be GOOD...but not ESPECIALLY AMAZING if you were not originally a good singer... somethings cant be taught... it's like someone training to be a good footballer, they can learn the skills and the technique, but if they are as slow as hell, speed cant be taught.. you must have it ...

Mmh talent is important seriously, but don't give up. I think if you can tell whether you're out of tune or not, then there is hope already. And choose the right songs to sing lah, LOL like those which can cover your flaws or something..

Back