Shin Min Papers Wrote An Article Complain About me Drumming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to off-track but isn't Shin min considered a tabloid? (i dun read chinese papers)

Anw it still doesn't detract from the fact that they have compromised their journalistic integrity by omitting important facts, all these to generate readership.

Sad indeed. Looks like our poor TS have been played out to look like the bad guy.

Don't be bother too much by this, just continue doing what you do if you feel that you're in the right. Take it as an honour that your beautiful drums appeared on national papers.

Don't be bother too much by this, just continue doing what you do if you feel that you're in the right. Take it as an honour that your beautiful drums appeared on national papers.

Agreed. You are not doing anything wrong AT ALL seriously. The compromises you have been making all along are damn sufficient. Just keep drumming and if anything else happens, do your best to either take action or find out who these insecure stupid unintelligent neighbours are.

In the jurisdiction of law, you can sue the paper for taking pictures from outside your home reflecting what is inside your home without your consent.

Bro....sue the bugger lah!! I get you a good lawyer! Later got money from them from compensation can buy another new drum set. And then you call the paper to come and take picture with your consent the new drum set you bought from compensation from them. Hehehehe!!

woah.saw this article. it's real humorous. cmon. find bliss in ignorance!if u arent commiting any crime.its alright. cheers. keep the passion of drums going on!

I have actually send an email to the CC people to convey also to my MP, telling them the entire truth/facts here and apologizing for what happened that was printed out by Shin Min Press, though distorted in a manner and might cause misunderstanding perception to the Public here. Also I call HDB personally (the Officer in Charge) telling him the exact same thing/truth.

I really feel so very Bad – for all these people who had (not only because they had help me to continue my drumming passion) but because – in spite of being very fair to me and my neighbour (which is true) – This article might cause a misconception to the general public at large that - - - the parties involve did not deal in a fair manner – which they definitely had.

I still have bear to an accountability here (in a manner) cause it started from me Drumming.

Never knew it would get this far.

Anyway, I thank all of you for taking your time into reading this.

PS: - I stated this here, because I guess - This is the reason why many do not want to be interview by Reporters - you wont know what they will and will not put up for the Public to read.

Last edited:
this is what tabloids are for.
Never waste your money on them.

Too many people read them and they unknowingly get stuck in the vicious cycle of obsession with trivial worldly affairs.

Bro, if you want a revolt and looking for people to add your masses, PM me. This is injustice, I hate neighbours like this, experienced one last time. He lives under my apartment (I'm a student, and still living with my family).

He always came up at the slightest drop of the pin to bang on the window and ask why there is so much noise. Then one day his mom fell from the window to her death, then my dad went to talk to him and be nice. Apparently from then on, he doesn't get up here anymore. But I compromise by NOT making loud noises (gaming, guitar, music) after 10pm or 11pm.

Hhahaha.. Faz power la.. good idea.. but anyway, i think it is true that it is their job to write in a way that will boost readership.. I feel that in a case like this, no one is right or wrong.. but right now, it is the effort to clear the misunderstanding to avoid further arguments.. I think it is important to have a clear line about drumming at home on the law side too. until now, everytime i ask people what is the right time to drum and stuff like tt.. i still keep gettin different answer from people.. Generally drums are loud but there must be a clear line drawn to this case for the benefit of both parties.

Shin Min had NO RIGHT to barge into your home and snap pics. It's an invasion of privacy. I think you can report to the police about that.

And I don't get the part of the other neighbours who drum. Why the double standards? Don't tell me they drum softer than you? If so, then approach them to ask how they managed to reduce the noise.

You have to be conscientious and considerate to your neighbours as well. Granted, they may lack a little in the communications department, but they also enjoy the right to a non-noisy neighbourhood to live in, thus the only way is to compromise.

Perhaps you can approach them to pay part of the soundproofing since other neighbours have no problems with you. If they wish to make it an issue, at least bear part of the burden.

First and formost they did not barge into my home - they took the pics outside through my window as we have a common corridor there.

The other drummer (drums very loudly didn't do anything reducing the noise as I was home oneday last week but he only drums in the afternoon where everyones goes to work, I guess he is schooling still). That's what I do - to compromise but they must come and approach me - if not how to communicate to strike a balance and live altogether in Harmony. I 'll do my best here - I only drum 7 to 8.30pm (that's only 1 1/2 hr - and I dont play too loud only on a Tuesday & Wednesday - 2 days only).

Last edited:
taking pics without permission is very unacceptable though. have you decided what u gonna do next? about the picture of your house/drumset case..?

Bro Rudimentaldrummer bro, maybe you need to improve on your playing. I kid, I kid...

Or get more cowbells. Everyone loves cowbells.

I have a neighbour who lives several storeys below me who plays the piano. And frankly she plays it really well. I'd live next to them if possible, let's me enjoy free music, lol. Try continuing to drum, they've already reported to the newspapers, let's see what can they do next without exposing who they are. If they aren't happy why can't they just knock on your door and ask you to lower down the volume a little? I just can't understand such people.

sue sue sue the friggin newspaper!
the guy that talked to you was being nice cause he was trying to evade a lawsuit, (and in everything that is good and pure, you SHOULD win).

Man, this is serious bullshit.

Taking pictures of your property without permission is invasion of privacy. You've got a good case if you do decide to sue them.

However, IMHO, it'd be a waste of precious time and resources. Just threaten to sue, get the paper to issue a public apology on their papers for a week and continue drumming.

Your neighbours should thank the heavens that I'm not staying in your block.

THE MEDIA LIES!

yeah just imagine your drums are some girls or something. and they, without permission, took pictures of them. wouldn't you be mad? i mean, havent they heard of PRIVACY? how would they feel if every one of use come to their house and take pictures when they're not there?

and i side the softies here. it's not your fault, man. the neighbours don't have the guts to show you what they look like cos, yeah, perhaps they're afraid that you might have revenge on them or something.

let the neighbours come to you instead of you finding them. yeah, and main problem is the newspaper problem. everyone knows that teh newspaper/news/blah blah will edit what somebody says to SUIT WHAT THE PEOPLE WANNA HEAR. never underestimate the media cos they can do some serious shit to you.

just be careful. yeah, try to soundproof your room. or muffle your drumsets.

and yeah, you're soft's friendliest moderator. hahaha

First of all, taking pictures of someone's property is not invasion of privacy, unless you can prove they did it unlawfully. you might have a case if they published a picture of someone in the house without express permission but even so it's hard to sue and win against the media/tabloid - if not the paparazzi wouldn't still exist. At the very most, you can threaten to sue for libel and ask for a written apology, and they will most probably publish a few lines to 'correct' their previous foresight.

In any case, I don't think the OP wants to pursue the matter so can we all let it rest and focus on bashing the bastard neighbor??!

alright sir! i mean, dir!

perhaps threadstarter can start by asking if the neighbours were the ones living a floor below?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back