Shin Min Papers Wrote An Article Complain About me Drumming

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because we respect them, doesnt mean they have to respect us
and if they show disrespect, doesnt mean we have to be like them

"OhhhhhmmmmmmmmmhhhhhO"

the only true way to settle this is by challenging your neighbor to a drum-off!
(loser gets teabagged)

Shin Min had NO RIGHT to barge into your home and snap pics. It's an invasion of privacy. I think you can report to the police about that.

Regarding the drumming issue, my brother used to drum at home as well, but I think he sorta fitted his room with something to make it a tad soundproof. Drumming is a very hard hobby to have because of sound issues. If it's not too taxing on your finances, get your room soundproofed so you can drum in peace.

And I don't get the part of the other neighbours who drum. Why the double standards? Don't tell me they drum softer than you? If so, then approach them to ask how they managed to reduce the noise.

You have to be conscientious and considerate to your neighbours as well. Granted, they may lack a little in the communications department, but they also enjoy the right to a non-noisy neighbourhood to live in, thus the only way is to compromise.

Perhaps you can approach them to pay part of the soundproofing since other neighbours have no problems with you. If they wish to make it an issue, at least bear part of the burden.

Off-topic: -_- lucky my father don't read Shin Min but Lianhe Zaobao, arbo he sure !$%@!^#^!@ at me drumming.

Back to topic: IMO it still boils down to the neighbour. I give bro Eric the respect, compromising despite all the shits he's receiving. If its me, I'll make things worse to make the tiger come out of its den, that kinda thing. Not that kinda person to sit quietly to let people climb over my head =P Hope this thing rest for you man.

tiger out of the den? more like chicken out of a coop or mouse out of a hole.
Or idiot out of idiotland.

I used to live next door to a partially deaf girl. When I played guitar she turned down her hearing aids. Best neighbor ever.

Typifies some Singaporeans...their babies can cry, their couples can fight, their kids can play the piano but you can't play your musical instruments...

damn ur neighbours.if they have chosen to stay in flats, tolerate.as long as they can tolerate, problems can be solved and theres no need for such disputes.i guess it will also be good to clarify to the papers, scold them and insult them over the phone and demand apology.since no permission was given and i suppose this is intrusion of privacy.

since the govt wants to promote the music scene in Singapore, should such disputes still even happen.screw ur neighbours, bunch of ball-less cowards

heh, for solving problem, it doesnt help to feel emo.

Dont make this thread become another typical soft.com.sg thread by making it sound as if we have abundance of testosterone driven forum members round here..

Typifies some Singaporeans...their babies can cry, their couples can fight, their kids can play the piano but you can't play your musical instruments...

Singaporeans just don't like noise eh... Think that the whole world only consists of themselves.

Well, bad luck to you, Eric. Cowardly neighbours who don't dare to face you. If they ever have a kid who plays the piano, complain about the piano's noise level. An eye for an eye. They won't learn till they actually experience something. :D

C'mon, I'd heard novices playing the piano at 10pm. :/

i rather hear ppl playing the drums between 7.30pm-8pm than listening to ppl play mahjong from 11pm-very2 late... knn...

eric! u nid to find the person or not? i help u! steady one!

Well - I guess you just keep on drumming since you have offered compromise.

Perhaps you can ask the authorities again to tell your neighbour to come and talk to you and you are willing to compromise. I just don't understand why they keep going through 3rd parties - maybe they are afraid that you splash red paint at their house or call your bandmates to thrash their car :) Some people are just paranoid - but I guess perhaps most people's perception of band people are those rash teens with nothing better to do.

Hello Eric.. Actually i do face the same problem as you as well.. I had read in an article that you have the right to drum till 11. But of course, i was considerate enough to use satay sticks and drum for at most 2hours a day, not over the time of 8pm. But still i've got complains. I do understand my neighbor's part as they might be working night shifts or have childrem studying at that time. The part that confuses me is that if that is the case, then when can i play my drums. Its probally a good idea that all neighbors could talk about this issue in a friendly enviorment and try to compromise with each other's timing.

www.myspace.com/seabedsound

I also feel that there is a need to demand for a public apology by the papers to clear up the matter. It would be quite unfair to cause unnecessary misunderstanding because of an error in the write up..

error? More like done intentionally. Trying to side the complaining neighbor to put pressure on u to stop drumming. Hopefully that you'll be embarassed enough and pressured by your relatives to stop. Of course he was nice to you, why would he not be, cos he wants to avoid trouble. The omitted facts are important facts and done in such a way as to make you look as bad as possible.

Hmm threaten to sue them for causing u unnecessary distress unless a public apology is given? How about other papers or maybe even the radio? You have to threaten action or take action if u want the issue to be redressed as any public apology looks bad on the papers so they'll likely avoid it unless they don't have a choice.

Then again given a week everyone would have forgotten about the article anyway.

Last edited:
i have diminished respect for people who refer to a 3rd party instead of meeting the relevant individual, directly. cowards.

It would have been better to go through a third party to mediate. You never know if both parties involved meet up, there might be heated exchanges.

Once a resident came up to me directly into my former studio to confront me about my drumming, it was not a pretty sight. Had to make a police report.

It the end it would have been best for the police or proper authorities to address the issue.

Hi everyone

I feel bad here, because The HDB & the people who had tried to help me (including the MP and the people at the CC) - - did says - - - “Not that You cannot Drum, but must live in harmony with neighbours, give and take and on your part Eric, try playing Softer, closing your doors, play less and Compromise with your neighbour for whatever reason on a particular day if they ask you to not drum because of that….it was about Compromising and Living in Harmony with Neighbours - - - - Which I did told the Reporters – but which was not published out.

This make me and them looks bad, and I really feel very bad here, cause they did not (for whatever reasons put that in) except told me – Yes, I know you said these here, but we cant write everything in details out (this is not fair to them too – HDB and the CC people)…cause minusing these facts shows they are one-sided which is 100% not the case. The only thing said to me by the Press was that if they call us – we will admit you actually told us all these (which was of course true)…..and that the Complainer was actually the one not compromising by not even wanting to talk to me here – so how to compromise when I do not know which day he/she/or their children needed me not to drum for certain reasons or so? - - - all these facts were not stated at all…and now it seems that – it is one sided which is not true here.

Press told me, that when a complainer complain, they have to write in a way to generate readership (I guess this of course is their job) - - but they have to state the facts and be fair to all parties.

By taking out some facts that they know (and not putting it in the Papers) and just what the complainer told them (even they know both side of the story) is somehow making the situation one-sided which – I feel very bad now to HDB and The CC peple who had try to (in actual fact) strike a compromise between both side and they are very fair people.

So sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back