sexy bass song???

sorry pissed u off i love casiopea by the way :D actually i love freeking groovy lines jus never seen no sexy bass solos like steve vai and santana do on guitar maybe its the lack of effects or tone i dunno.. sorry if i pissed u off

Even if you have the sexiest bass solo but it doesn't fit within the context of a song per se, then it's not much sexier than a groovy bassline. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a bassist can fulfil his/her role in grooving the bottom line, then that's incredibly sexy already.

In my opinion, most bass solos within amateur arenas tend to more slightly more self-indulgent than adding any value to the song as a whole.

Give me a groovy bassline anytime over a bass solo.

bass solos aren't generally veh popular. as wookie said. groovy basslines pawn bass solo. take cake's i will survive for example. the bassline's nicer than the song's guitar solo imo

That's not to say bass solos aren't sexy if well executed and fitting to the song. I believe that the song is more greater than the sum of it's parts.

There's not much reason to compare with solos from other instruments, it's all a matter of individual taste. But since this thread on in the bass section...

What's the last grooviest bass line you've heard recently?

wookie said:
What's the last grooviest bass line you've heard recently?

my fave basslines are from turn it on by level 42 and too shy by kajagoogoo. the oldies are GOLD!!!

wookie said:
Even if you have the sexiest bass solo but it doesn't fit within the context of a song per se, then it's not much sexier than a groovy bassline. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a bassist can fulfil his/her role in grooving the bottom line, then that's incredibly sexy already.

In my opinion, most bass solos within amateur arenas tend to more slightly more self-indulgent than adding any value to the song as a whole.

Give me a groovy bassline anytime over a bass solo.

+1 :D

ok i can't find that level 42 song but the too shy was pretty damn groovy and i asked of a sexy bass solo i got answered with a twisted creepy japanese song but the bass solo indeed kicked a lot of ass.. :D sexy bass song where are u!!!

for me the song "Fever" is a very sexy bass line. It's not so much the line but the way everything else is stripped away. Also I always liked "the beds too big without you" police and thin lizzy's "dancing in the moonlight" as great bass riff songs

seriously, WHY do you need to SOLO? and maybe you haven't heard LIVE JAZZ or FUSION stuff.

frog in a well.

P.S.

sexy is relative. some guys like girls with more meat, some guys like thin ones. some girls like talkative outgoing guys, some girls like quiet friendly ones. IN THE SAME WAY, sexy is relative.

Crispy: Yes, sexy is definitely relative. So this is for all to share what turns us on, not looking for a concensus or agreement.

What's your sexy bassline? :D

Freeko said:
lol i have gave up on finding sexy solos hit me wit some sexy basslines!!!

find one for youself dude,why should the whole forum bother bout you and your sexy solos or sexy basslines,those solos and basslines aint sexy if you dont have enough skill and discipline,it will just sound horrible...
i just assume that you're standard is not those 'wow' type [i know im not supposed to say this],since good player wont go shooting around
hit me with sexy basslines!! or find me a sexy solo!!'
just stop all this nonsense la

*sigh*

reyrey: frog in a well concept, like i said.

while we're at it...

i just bought 3 jamiroquai CDs! PSHaW!

Back