Selling My Bacchus Bass cheap :) real beauty :)

bassluv

Hey guys, i'm selling my Bacchus Bass that i bought in japan.. this is the mid end series .. i'm not sure which particular model it is coz it was all in japanese language and i lost the tag but its the craft series. it a real beauty and was told that mine was a collectors model built solely for the shop that i purchased it from.. i'm only selling it coz i'll be needing a 5 string.. won't be selling it if i'm not able to get rid of it by the 13th june. Hence i'm offering the bass at a mere $1000 flat.. condition is 8/10 due to some minor dings and scratches (slap wounds) :) it comes with the original bacchus bag and 2 pickguards :) every thing stock :) i love the tones of this bass.. it has a natural bite and still have a very solid low end :) i kid you not.. (no lowballers yea sorry :))

do contact me at 97624125 for a friendly deal yea :)
alittle review below...take a read :) this pic was taken when i first bought it..
bacchus.jpg

i believe this is the same model specs and the tone is a real killer..
WL-JB4 NA/OIL

his Bacchus Craft series a new release from Bacchus Japan. Touted as the younger sibling of the high-end Handmade series, this is the mid- priced version I never intended to buy a new bass but after trying this out in a local shop, side by side with a MIJ Fender Jazz '75, there was no contest at all. This Bacchus smoked down the pricier Fender.
eek.gif
Both in craftmanship and tone. (Well that's according to my taste).

Specs:
Model: WL-JB4 NA/OIL
Body: Ash (blue) (oil finished)
Neck and fingerboard: American hard rock maple with pearloid block inlays and pearloid bindings, 21 frets, oil finished.
Tuners: Gotoh GB-1
Bridge: Gotoh 203B-4
Pickups: Bacchus HMC JBT-ALV 9 (Alnico, single coil, cloth covered wires)
Pickguard: 3 ply pearloid
Pots: 250K CTS pots and switchcraft jack
Electronics: passive V/V/T with Turbo switch

THE BUILT
This is one excellently crafted instrument. For one, the oil finished ash body and maple neck makes you feel the raw wood, not the plastic polyurethane. In fact the grains were not fully filled, you can still feel some of it, truly organic. The pearloid neck bindings and block inlays were precisely glued on, no traces of any fillers for gaps. The fretwires were leveled down, crowned and polished smoothly, you won't feel any sharp corners at all. Neck pocket is TIGHT, really really tight. Cavities for pickup and controls were nicely routed and fully shielded with conductive paint and are CLEAN, no traces of dust can be seen. The soldering job was also clean and all wires used are covered with cloth. The pickguard also has a hole so its easier to adjust the truss rod. No need to remove the neck.

TONE AND ELECTRONICS
This is basically a Jazz bass V/V/T. However, the tone pot also acts as the turbo switch. When pulled-up, it wires both pickups into series, creating one giant pickup and the volume control for the bridge pickup is deactivated. The volume control for the neck pickup becomes the master volume. The pickups even though single coils are dead quiet. I placed it near fluorescent lamps (not at full volume so it won't act as humbuckers) and both don't hum at all. Probably the nice shielding job did the trick or the pickups themselves are quiet I don't know.

The tone is very versatile (hey this is jazz). I can get different tones from different pickup settings but I really like the turbo switch. For me, it acts like a booster. Nice touch for a passive bass.

PLAYBILITY
After getting this, all I need to do was to lower the strings via bridge. The neck is almost dead straight with small amount of relief, and because of the nicely leveled frets, string buzz rarely happens unless I pluck really hard. The oil finished neck is very smooth and fast and because I use P-bass, I find the neck kinda thin
biggrin.gif
but very comfortable. The GB-1 tuners are light so I don't experience any neck dives.

PROS
Excellent craftmanship (hey this is handmade), tone, playability and materials.

CON
The bridge seems not fit to the design, they should have used instead the original Bacchus bridge standard on Handmade series.

Back