S.O.F.T building

teleplayer

I don't know if this is the correct section.. :) I thought of this... Like there are hokkien association etc. why can't there be a s.o.f.t building for musicians from s'pore to go there and mix around. I know this needs money... but this is just my idea.. and SOFT can also conduct classes to teach instruments there. it's more prominent right! Haha. and alot of people here can teach voluntarily right? Haha. what you guys think about it?

we barely have enough money to keep the site running! how are we going to get enough to run something like that? do offer suggestions. :)

ya true.... wish there is this someone who is damn rich and devoted to music to donate money...

or can also find those guitar brands in singapore or drum brands or some other association like the harmonica or symphony to sponsor.. haha.

we barely have enough money to keep the site running! how are we going to get enough to run something like that? do offer suggestions. :)

+1. Words are easier said than done. Do the TS ever donate to Soft?

- who's gonna run the place? james has a day job, and he's not gonna earn money as a caretaker.

- where's the money gonna come from?

- where's the venue?

- how big is it gonna be and what exactly are you gonna do there?

- can you ensure the building/event/classes will be able to generate good response?

just a few very basic points, and my opinions..

chew on it!
-paperprataa

I like roti prata..
Btw, I think s.o.f.t should create a donation system whereby people donate money when they feel that the site has benefited them.

Ps: I find this quite impossible to happen as we people are too kiasu to donate $1. We're always thinking of opportunity cost.

I just contradicted myself. :eek:

SOFT had donations long time ago but James decided to stop it for awhile if im not mistaken.

SOFT had its own gathering long time ago too but i dont know why it faded away.

I like roti prata..
Btw, I think s.o.f.t should create a donation system whereby people donate money when they feel that the site has benefited them.

Ps: I find this quite impossible to happen as we people are too kiasu to donate $1. We're always thinking of opportunity cost.

I just contradicted myself. :eek:

i like paperprata.. :O

donation system won't really work in singapore unlike other forums in the UK or US because seriously.. how many people actually appreciate the info that's been spoonfed to them?

and yeah i think james had the donation thingy for awhile, but he stopped it.

i like chocolate prata :mrgreen:

oh ya. i didnt realise that James took stopped the donations.
and i do appreciate the info that i have been spoonfed for the past year.
i learn almost everything i know about my instruments from soft.com.sg

You can open a SOFT kopitam and you can be the kopi kia find another member to sell ba chor mee and maybe a india guy to sell roti prata and make sure all food must be hala,you can make money and gather all your music kaki win win.

I haven't gone for any of soft's outings. I wish there was regular outing basis like once a mnth or smth.

School has been weighing me down plus cca 4 times a week plus juggling time in church, GF, family, guitars.

Darn.

A building for soft? Too ambitious but its ok to dream like others have said. Dont be sad, maybe in the future you could make your dreams into reality :D

Why not a regular outing or smth?

Back