Rock Band game drumset!

Its jus a pad tat connected wirelessly with PS3/Xbox 360 with hit detection areas. No triggering modules whatsoever. It comes with a whole host of other equipments like guitars so you can jam in the game as a complete band.

Rockband is a game similar to Guitar Hero

It's just guitar hero + Bass + Mic (vocal recognition software, i think) and pads as a drumset.
And players can play together as.. A band.

The different instruments have to be bought seperately or probably in packages.

..game drumset at the arcade..
Have to play open hand leh.. not enough space.

im pretty sure it'll be hacked to allow midi triggering the instant it hits the market, its USB after all and it's been done with guitar hero guitars. cant wait.

supposedly playing the drum track on hard/expert will be equivalent to playing the actual song, will be pretty interesting. only 1 kick pedal though.

oh it'll come as a package around $150USD with everything i believe, will also be available seperately.

Last edited:
on a related note, game drumsets are pretty cool!!!

once in a while i still drop by the arcade, and amazed by how some of these young kids can bash songs that i can never catch.

i tried my hands playing them once but failed miserably at the harder stages...lol!

For arcade drumset games, i realised that a lot of those " Pros" out there actually memorise the songs!

Haha yes that is very true. I used to be pretty crazy over DrumMania some years ago, but I threw that off when I found that it was damn hard to play without playing open-handed. And the pads are usually screwed due to too much playing anyway.

I really dont mind getting that RockBand game, but the problem is cash flow, and I don't even own an XBox or PS3 anyway. Haha.

By the way , there's a slight chance that a friend (rich) of mine will be getting this Rock Band game along with its full package.

Once i test the drumset out i'll give you guys a review :)

For arcade drumset games, i realised that a lot of those " Pros" out there actually memorise the songs!

Haha i think you must also realise that most drumming is about muscle memory as well :) i think you could prob compare the arcade game to "simple" sight reading.

True , but im referring more to those who dont actually play drums but just play arcade drums.

Those meters/bars/notes that scroll pass the screen are quite fast on the expert modes.

And one more thing. Arcade Drum games have an option to put one "function" on auto-mode e.g hihat,cymbals,bass-drums.

So most of these arcade drummers usually put "bass-drum" on auto.( Most of those that i've seen that is.)

altho there's always the thought that the arcade game drummers are not actually doing the 'real' drumming thing, i wld say its a variation of real life drumming and that it stands on its own.

it's a bit like living in modern times, virtual stuff is fast becoming legit in its own right. half-life counterstrike (the game) is different from real life combat soldier fighting, but it has its merits, and you can shoot each other and kill without having any of the real life's frightening consequences.

countries are beginning to form cybersports association, and they even hire mental and health trainers to ensure the players stay in tip top condition to compete in cybergames.

while the arcade drummers do not have the 'touch' of a real drummer, they acquire a certain kind of muscle memory and sight reading thats interesting nonetheless. (not to mention, they're mostly playing open-handed - which is great!!)

cheers

I used to play the first version of DrumMania when it came out. It was fun for a while.

Agreed that it is amazing how those arcade game players can read the bars soooo quickly. It's like speed sight reading man! While they may not be playing with the right strokes some times, but hey, they can probably sight read very quickly if they actually learn how to read drum scores.

Yea i do agree it's still hard to read scores that fast.
Haha well back on topic now.

Taken from the threadstarters' link,
img3971wtmkph8.jpg

Where's the hihat and cymbals! :(

Interesting Mel.

I would think the arcade drummers are probably triggered by the moving visuals, blinking lights and colors. Let them see a sheet to black and white notes, they'd probably go "EEEEEEKS!"

Unless you highlight them maybe. :mrgreen:

Jamella:
I read somewhere about the pads that some of the pads have 'more than one function', so to speak. Like the right tom acts as highhats or ride cymbal during the grooves, but it will be treated as a tom when you're doing rolls. Something like that.

killerbee:
Hmmm true also. Arcade games got tiu tiu tiu lazer lights mah! hahahaa!

Mel80, you mean that halfway (where appropriate) through the song the function will switch for you ah? Like from ride to floor tom etc.

Like an auto-switch function for the pads?

Back