rhythm=wah pedal?

dilahk

just wondering......

i play rhythm guitar in my band......

do i need to use wah pedal?......i play punk n metal.....

i dun think u would need wah for punk... well, u would need wah as a rhythmist sometimes, but very seldom, when u play metal

hey......

ok.thanx for the notice.......

to play lets sae james hetfield.....do i need 1?......

n ani1 to reconmend?

some metallica solos have wah(i'm sure u know tt) but since u're the rhythm i dun think it's necessary.

if u really want/need one, the 535q sounds good to me, can go from subtle light 'is he using wah?' sound to quacking.

ok......

thanx again.......

but if i were to get one......

would be ZW wah or the dimebag wah.....

which better?or got better wah's in tat range?

ok trying is still the best way to determine what wah appeals to you. Different people got different expectations and needs from their wah. have fun!

dilahk, your "position" in the band and the "type" of band you are in, will NOT determine if you need a wah pedal.

In the first place, you know how a wah pedal sounds like right?

I assume you do. I assume you know how it works.

So.

Sit back and think.

Will/Can you use that sound?

Thats all. Nothing else matters more than the sounds you want.

RHCP ? i dont remember the guitarist using wah that often. he use more of a chorus, But Audioslave definetly use wah.

mitch said:
RHCP ? i dont remember the guitarist using wah that often. he use more of a chorus, But Audioslave definetly use wah.

u definitely did not listen to RHCP properly... ahh... but i still dunno wad wah to get...

mitch said:

u definitely did not listen to RHCP properly... ahh... but i still dunno wad wah to get...

u've got to be kidding me. i'm their huge fan of them since mother's milk and i dont remembering john using wah extensively. If u meant Flea using wah then i have to agree to some extent. but i dont think john's trademark is wah. An example of their song perharps ?

A wah can be used as filter not just goin wah wah wah wah...btw john frusciante does that lots !! so like-stop talking cock ...go out there and make music !!

Actually the fella who started this tread needs a beating !!!

There is wah all over Stadium Arcadium and when they play live it gets a good workout.

Frusciante is a Jimi Hendrix freak and as a result loves the wah...

Back