Reviving my guitar playing

HappyTELE

Guys
Really sorry I've posted lots of posts...
I'm a guitarist which has not been in soft for awhile

Really regretted buying n selling pedals,amp,guitar to find my tone...so I have decided to sell them
Off And rebuild my rig

I will need:
Amp
Pedals like dist, od as booster(maybe), delay(maybe), chorus(maybe)
Pedaboard (DIY)

Now I'm ready to build a pedal board by myself.
Wonder what wood would be good and where can I get those wood(went ikea quite awhile ago but din manage to find the wood.)

I'm for an amp... Have been a ss amp user but wanted to try tube... I stay in hdb so wattage can't be high and I'm looking for clean tone like Marshall bassi clean and fender tweed kinds of clean.

For pedals I've read quite alot n I've eyed to get the wampler plexitortion v1 or it's clone, plexitron... Any comments on that? I play songs from band like Metallica,acdc,Paramore,Taylor swift...(big range uh) just wondering whether the pedal has enough gain... The dist tone I wanted is like the tone of "you shook me all night long" with creamy sustain. Od and delay wise I've no idea as I think I'll use them if I play solos...(rarely) chorus for clean tones... I've heard quite afew good pedal from ehx... Just reccomend me...

Please help me...
Thanks!!

Hahas... I'm using my bros pathfinder 15r

Well, a delay pedal itself wouldn't be cheap, and also a good distortion/od or both would cost easily... your whole budget? :/ The board not so expensive, get a plank of wood and use velcro.... but the pedals and amp combination, 380 is extremely low especially if you're looking for low wattage tube amps like you asked in your other thread

TS, considering that you just got back into guitar playing, I don't think you have realised your needs yet. Then again, if buying and selling helps you in your quest for good tone, by all means go ahead. a lot of us have been down that path & yes, a lot of money was involved and most of it was lost in the quest for answers.

If I were you, I would invest in a used Line 6 Spider amp, fiddle around the effects if I need them then think which effects are absolutely necessary for the type of music I play. Although the tone isn't anything fantastic but at least it has a very wide range of tones to choose from. mess around with EQs and volume and you will find a whole world of difference. do note that such an amp is < $500. compare that to buying individual stompboxes and selling them all at the end of the day.

$380, save up a bit more, get something practical OR just find a used one for $380. It is possible cos I did sell my Spider III to a friend for like $250?

bro,
im using a vox pathfinder 15r...
my bro is not using it...
so im sort of building my rig and im trying to get the pedals first
pedalboard ill get the gorm shelve and extension from ikea...

my wanted rig:

korg pitchblack Tuner> boss dd3 > chorus > reverb > wampler plextortion > eq

still wonder what chorus,reverb and eq pedal i should get... i just want those that are good and versatile

ill still be saving up! just keep throwing me recommendations

TBH, i never found a use for a chorus or a reverb pedal hahaha, i mean it would be nice to have one, but i only NEED 2 drives, a delay, wah, and a tuner. The bare essentials, cause I got no cash, but honestly, it's all I need. A Dual channel drive pedal and another standalone would give more than enough different drive sounds for you

i recommend mxr carbon copy analog delay , best in the business and value for money, reverb is an essential , but doesnt the vox path finder come with onboard fx like reverb or presence?

Just wondering, with respect to the thread title, what guitar playing is there to be 'revived' when you've not really started?

With respect to your question:
Reverb: TC Electronics Hall of Fame offers plenty of tones.
Modulation: Also check out TC Toneprint stuff. I like their flanger and vibrato as opposed to the chorus. I brought in a Vibrato from US which I'm selling if you're interested.
EQ: You sure you need one? I find an EQ pedal to be abused on most boards when used as a lead boost. If you need to sculpt your tone so that you can adjust your sound to be consistent from amp to amp, then by all means get one. And to me a parametric EQ is much more user-friendly as opposed to a 6 or 8-band EQ. But if you know what you're doing, get a MXR 6-band EQ then.

Considering your budget, forget the Pitchblack and get a Snark clip-on tuner. Best $15 I've spent this year.

If you use delay and reverb only sparingly, find a Boss RV-3, or buy my Muza FD900 (lol), cheaper than a DD-3 plus a separate reverb.

Cheap and good chorus? EHX Neo Clone.

Agree with Godspeed that you probably don't need an EQ pedal.

Just wondering, with respect to the thread title, what guitar playing is there to be 'revived' when you've not really started?

Reviving my guitar playing with the use of Pedals....
I've realized my mistake of using a eq as a booster if you didn't tell me on that the eq will be used as a booster. The pathfinder reverb doesn't sound appealing to be... Feels like it's sucking my tone... I suppose the dd7 has a tap tempo delay and the dd3 doesnt have it right? I have thoughts on the dd20 but its kinda exp for me now. If I can't use the eq as a booster then I use an of pedal like the common tubescreamer or something of that sort?

So sum up my appropriate gear for now is
Korg pitch-black>wampler plextortion>booster

And i should save up for Dd20.
But the reverb is it ok to get the boss digital reverb?

Thanks godspeed for correcting my mistakes.

So do narrow down what I'll need

Considering your budget, forget the Pitchblack and get a Snark clip-on tuner. Best $15 I've spent this year.

If you use delay and reverb only sparingly, find a Boss RV-3, or buy my Muza FD900 (lol), cheaper than a DD-3 plus a separate reverb.

Cheap and good chorus? EHX Neo Clone.

Agree with Godspeed that you probably don't need an EQ pedal.

I've understand too there's no need for a eq.
Tuner wise I think is quite easy to actually tuner on board. I mean like to me it feel goOd to have a tuner on board so it will be easy

IMO the pathfinder is not the best amp to display the full potential in the pedals that you'd be getting in the near future. However, that's just my opinion.

Back