Recording "LIVE" in a room?

Kimmi

hey guys,

I have a project mix I/O with 8 inputs and i've been using the following setup to record a live jamming session.

it doesn;t sound good but i just wanna see if that anyway i can improve my set up.

So far the negatives is that: it has this static bus,sounds a little hollow,the vocals sounds dull and muffled,the guitars sounds gainy,drums alittle dull.The overall sounds very "behind" the earpiece/earphones.

setup.jpg

any way i can improve the set up?am i'm doing anything wrong here?

thanks in advance dude!

provided you have decent instruments, cables, musicians...looks like you might have bleed, phase and grounding problems. Try isolate the guitar amp from the drums and experiment with position of P.A. speakers. Pillows mattresses whatever works...just dont sleep on em after. Check the phase of your tracks by clicking in and out the phase switches of each track to check difference...phase problems give a 'hollow' sound...check in mono. Some equipment have a 'ground lift' switch to get rid of static and hum. Dont run electric cables alongside your audio cables. Change to 3pin power plugs if possible. Experiment and have fun.

Back