Recommendations for quiet home setup

TheBotakBro

Hi all,

I am relatively new to guitar. Previously, bought guitars before but never really committed. I have stuck with acoustic for quite awhile now and am finally ready to commit to an electric, which I have bought to play and learn via rocksmith just for the fun. But I'd also want to do things outside of rocksmith and hence I'll be needing a quiet setup for home use. I can't really use an amp at home, so I'll have to stick with headphones as I usually play at night.

I had more or less narrowed down my options and hope to hear some feedback from more experienced players.

1) Yamaha Thr10x
2) Pod HD500x
3) Zoom g3xn/g5

Thanks in advance for your input!

I’d go with the G5n as you’ve got effects at your disposal and you can play along to your favourite tracks via the 3.5mm Aux-in Jack. The G3xn is way “too small” when you use the drum machine and looper as these two “rhythm” items take up space along the signal chain. You ought to have a huge range of effects with the G5n to experiment and have fun with. Both are DC powered via the PSU supplied.
The Yamaha is not a bad thing but as you’re using it “silently”, might as well get the effects unit.

Best wishes...
FYI, hope that helps.

Zoom g3n. It has amp simulation along with cabs. Input for backing tracks. Effects to try out. Plus if u have a audio interface, u can hook it up to your comp

Back