Read this is you plan to set up your own home studio

Enjaykayb

School of Media Technology announces a new course: SI 101 - Building a Home Studio

Course Description: Home studios are becoming increasingly popular, and are all the rage now amongst sound and music enthusiasts wanting to try their hand at producing and recording their own albums. The usual questions that come to mind are what exactly do I need, which brand of gear to buy, and how much will it cost me. This course helps to answer as many of your questions in an objective and unbiased format, as well as share tips and tricks on how to make things work as seamlessly as possible.

An additional, invaluable component that is often lacking in home studio environments is the consideration of acoustics & room treatment. Come join us, and find out how some basic and essential tweaking to your studio at home can make your recordings sound so much better!

Course Duration: 2 Days [December 9th. - 10th.]

Who Should Attend: This class is suitable for sound and music enthusiasts who wish to establish and manage an effective recording, tracking and mixing environment at home. If you already own a home studio, you may also wish to attend to obtain workflow improvement tips, as well as how to modify your setup to make your recording and mixing sessions quicker and more effective.

What You Will Learn:
Computers – Mac or PC? Mobile or desktop?
Choosing the right digital audio workstation software for you
Audio interfaces – USB or Firewire? How many inputs and outputs do I really need?
Electrical wiring and the ground loop hum
How cables, connectors and DI boxes matter
Using the right microphones to do the right job
Getting your headphones to listen to you
How do I choose the right pair of monitors and speakers
Can my DAW do everything? Do I need mixers, control surfaces and external hardware?
Getting rid of that awful delay while recording
Room acoustics – make a strong difference to your recording today
Making everything work together
Workflow tips to more effective recording and mixing sessions

Course Fee: SGD 175.00

Limited seats available. Enroll now.

www.schoolofmediatechnology.com

Back