PUNK

soft said:
i dont know much about the punk culture but i am sure they just want to do what they like too. and i think it is fine.

i like this :)

aiya.. i dont think theres any 'real' punk in sg.. our country dont condone that

i think most of the skins and kids who dress like political punks have no idea of the history and background of their style of dressing. i think they wear it because they think it's cool and because they think it gives them a license to behave like idiots.

everyone has the right to be an idiot. but at the very least, it'd be nice if they know what their dressing represents.

a punk saying "i don't care, i'll shave my head and wear tight pants because a true punk doesn't care what others think" is just an excuse for ignorance. nobody would excuse someone who wears a nazi armband and says "it doesn't matter what the history behind it is, it's just fashion". so why should anyone tolerate an ignorant skin?

serialninja said:
i think most of the skins and kids who dress like political punks have no idea of the history and background of their style of dressing. i think they wear it because they think it's cool and because they think it gives them a license to behave like idiots.

+1 to that....to vai steve....not all punks are posers...only though who are 3rd eye blind and anyhow follow the blind :D There are real punks...but kana catch by police haha.

buluhairy said:
there is no punk culture in singapore. it's only fashion.

This is very true.
Nowadays, MOST people dress punk or watever as a statement that they're "into punk".
AS IF....
its just a misconception.
they think that bcoz they like punk music, they shud be punks.
theres nothing wrong wif dressing punk, but some people tend to over-do it.

my advice to everyone is, be yourself and heck care wad ppl think of your looks

yea so put on a spongebob square pants T-shirt and some pasa lama pants lol and walk around lol!! yea punks in singapore are juz losers i tell ya! skinheads too. hey im a jew y not come spit in my face biatches

well i dont know too much about punk and all that but i think punk now is bullshit. i mean, pple are calling crap like simple plan punk.

Mjollnir said:
yea punks in singapore are juz losers i tell ya! skinheads too. hey im a jew y not come spit in my face biatches

no one will spit in your face la.

this is the best thing being in singapore, everything is in moderation. everyone should live in harmony cause there were no previous feud so great that warrant for racial/political/cultural difference.

dont 'import' other country's problem into singapore, it is their problem and it should stay there.

be yourself, dont follow.

bodomchild said:
Too many posers who are idiots already...
hi bodomchild, i always see this 'poser' word, what does it actually means?

lars_ulrich said:
i mean, pple are calling crap like simple plan punk.

i TOTALLY support dat statement.
simple plan ain't no punk band.
(even if they call themselves a punk band, they're music sure dun sound punk)
if u disagree, then u'r view of punk music is corrupted.
(meaning dat what u THOUGHT was punk music actually IS NOT punk/real punk music)

wow wee..cool topic...

i myself have been wondering what is the whole purpose of dressing as a punk..2 sides have been formed here..and seriously..one side dont understand the other..

SO..why dont a TRUE punk enlighten us to why there exist this society within our society..

then maybe after deeply understanding somethings, we can give comments as to our disagreements and such..

Well, i'm not sure if my definition of punk is correct. But i think its to go against something in which one is unhappy about through music. Cos my friend who listens to punk rock told me she listens to it because she is having a real real bad time in sec sch and she is very pissed with it. Bands like simple plan........POP punk.

hey ho...let`s go!!!!!!

well......we`re just like u guys....ONLY we love punk music!!!
we love to dress like that.we dun give a damn wat people say......
so wat if punx disturb ur gf?.....as though other normal people won`t do that... 8O 8O 8O DUH?!?!?!
it`s more than a fashion statement.....it`s in our hearts...we believe in it...
it`s not doing any harm to me for the past 12yrs.....
it actually helped me...n still helping!!!
for the record!!!!.....punx r smart people....greg graffin of bad religion has a PhD in human science........there`s more actually.....
even in s`pore...i do have punk frens werking as architects...draftsmen......graphic designers.....sound engineers....even running their own business!!!!
i dun see a relevant fact to y u people discriminate n hate us so much!!!
F.Y.I......back to the roots,every genre,be it metal,punk,hardcore,ska......
it`ll all come back to R.O.C.K!!!!!
so long live rock.....n screw u people who jugde n didn`t appreciate or even try to know or understand other cultures!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey Dirt

i respect you and respect punk. so please respect this website and refrain from using excessive foul language.
we`re just like u guys

everyone must be accountable for their own action and not say because i am from a certain group or certain culture, that's why it give me the right to commit acts that is disturbing to others. we live in a community, the only way to go forward is to understand each other and learn to live together.

people who like punk music are not punk. they just like punk music.

punks are popularised cuz of the increasing of punk music.. not many realli noes what is punk and what does punks realli do...

i heard its the beggers or the poor in america last time that got problem with the goverment or so.. they wore tore jeans and jackets cuz they've got no money to get better clothes.. wearing safety pins as earings etc..

okay how abt this..

the origin of punks > their music arise > music passed on > goverment better liao no much punks left > music still on > people think the genre is cool so it gets popularised > turned into sub genres like pop punks, punk rock which sounds more friendly and 'nicer' > their fashion turned into the 'punk' people talking about > and there goes the punks today!

well.. seriously punks nowadays is just about fashion and how 'cool' are they .. cuz they are punk and DIFFERENT from normal people.

A license to act 'COOL'.
A license to 'i am not those normal witted people who listens to boybands, i am special, yes.. SPECIAL!'

:wink:

hey ho...let`s go!!!!!!

read it properly dudes......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i love wat i do with my music.....i believe in my kinda music.....but truly i`m disappointed with the perceptions u guys have on punx....or people who love the music....
coz i didn`t go ard in this forum discriminating other people`s music...
n dun judge me if u dun know me.....
there`s more abt me....

P.S:read it properly b4 passing any comments!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
\m/

soft said:
people who like punk music are not punk. they just like punk music.

yup. i onli like punk music.. and finds punk culture interesting .. but im NOT punk.

people always ask me 'oh.. so you a punk?' when i told them i listen mostly punkrock stuffs :wink: :wink:

Back