Progression

Jayshen said:
i m so bored.... any one got any kewl progressions... haha... at least got something to try out...

Try out this.

E | B | A | C

The C makes your ears perk up.

Or this.

Fm | Fm(maj7) | Fm6 | B13

Nice jazzy stuff... Can rem if the 2nd chord is notated correctly... heh.

Or this.
Aadd9 | Eadd9 x looped

You can try to play jazzy over them 2 simple chords... great for just working out your scales and finding the sweet notes for the chords...

Hmmmm.... thats my take for now... enjoy!

Here's a couple more...

This isn't really a different progression but more of using different chords in the same old progression.

I don't really know the 2 chords but it looks like this.

E-----------------------------
A----0-------5----------------
D----2-------7------------------
G----2-------7----------------
B----4-------9---------------------
E----4-------9--------------------

I think its Aaddb5add9(no 3rd) and Daddb5add9(no 3rd) respectively. Then again I could be wrong. :lol:

Just play this.

A Aaddb5add9(no 3rd) | D (5 fret barred A major shape) Daddb5add9(no 3rd) x looped

The b5 (which is actually a #4) gives you a very dreamy kind of chord... throw in the 9th and its even more dreamy! And what scale would work best? The Lydian mode... great to practice the lydian mode... with this chords...

----------------------------------------

Try chord progressions with dimished chords in them or a major to minor (IV to iv) chord change...here's one with both.

C | Bdim | Am7 | G | F | Fm | C | G7

Try progression with lots of key changes. Here's the chords to a song that has plenty of chord changes. Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. (NOT westlife)

E | F#m | E/G# | A B | x4
C | Am7 | Dm | G
C | Am7 | Bdim7 | E7b9
A | F#m | Bm | B7
E | F#m | E/G# | A B | x 2 (chorus)
G | A7 | F#7 | Bm - Bm/A
G | A7 | F#7 | Bm - B7

Then it goes all over again... well, almost... but have fune with it! There's plenty of sections you can isolate and use to play over... like the prog that goes G | A7 | F#7 | Bm - Bm/A .

--------------------------------------

If you're sick of soloing over chords and chords and chords.... Then you might want to go back to check out different ways of playing over a single bass note..

Try an E bass.

Now solo in E maj... then shift to E lydian... then E blues penta... then go to E harmonic minor... E phrygian... you get the idea? Thats what satch does when he first started out learning how to move between modes...

I guess thats all for now... :)

Have more fun!

Play around with 7th chords. Rock music tends to just have triads as the base of the music, while jazz uses 7th chords as the base. Adding a 7th chords makes everything more interesting.

Back