practise amp which can do some chugga chugga?

shokakukai

hey softies.

right now i'm using a 15 watt ibanez amp, and with my new pedal set up, the amp couldnt do justice to the pedal. i know for a small practise amp, its kinda hard to create some serious chugga, but are there any amps available which can at least do it?
the whole amp literally vibrates and makes quite unpleasant sound haha.
and the amp sounds a little too harsh and thin when the volume goes past 10 o clock. tried without scooping so much mids and lesser treble, but i didnt like the sound it makes.

not expecting the very heavy ones that come out from a cab tho.

any recommendations? could be from 15 to 25 watts at most.

you use a ibanez toneblasterX?
Those are good.
Randall v2xm combo ain't bad either, but it's 30W. $230 if i'm not wrong.

im using the older version of the toneblaster.
havent tried much of the newer toneblaster X. how is it?

For the ToneblasterX - If the EQs tweaked properly, you can get a nice chugga chugga sound from a 15 watter.

Last edited:
oh yes! i love the tbx to bits! but sadly i still havent owned one.
every time i try a guitar at swee lee, i make it a point to try it on the tbx.
and like mus said, the tbx when tweaked properly gives you damn good chugga chugga withouth pedals.

but since you're using pedals, go for something with good cleans. maybe like the vox ac4?

im selling off my amp

im have a marshall amp. but mine is 10watts. can call me if u r interested. 82398717.

hehehe im more to using pedals as part of making my sound other than just straight to the amp. i only plug directly to my amp when i just wanna do a quick play or something.

hmm wat do you guys think of the orange crush? tried it today, the cleans are nice and warm and it doesnt get too harsh with distortion on some settings.

I've tried an OLP amplifier that could get some decent high-gain tones. Not sure which one it was but it is either 10 or 15 watts. Most small amplifiers can produce pretty nice clean tones but terrible distortion tones, so I prefer to use pedals for my distortion.

I have a TBX 30. Bestest drive an amp of that size could ever provide (even beats big Marshalls). But sucks for anything else, especially clean. It's also got a high noise floor. Drive + Level past 12, you need a gate. But Drive at 12 and Level at 9 is awesome. I can record a sample if you like.

Back