SOLD WTS: Laney Cub 12R (Full Tube Amp with Reverb and 12" Speaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunplayplay

Mint Condition 9/10, selling as I hardly, or rather never, played on this amplifier.

The CUB12R offer a CUB with a substantially bigger bites and a nifty trick up their sleeves! All will be revealed in a moment.

The CUB12R houses a 12” driver, giving them an increased volume and full rich valve tone. Looking at the pre amp it’s clear that the CUB12R packs more into the amp than it’s smaller siblings. From right to left the controls run as follow: -Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume, Tone and finally Reverb. The output section of the CUB12R is based around a pair of EL84 tubes giving it a more scooped tone than it’s smaller counterparts. Think smooth rich overdrive with bags of gain.

THE NIFTY TRICK

Now the nifty trick – the CUB12R features two input sockets one-labeled 15 watts the other labeled less than one watt. Plug into the 15 watts input and that’s what you get 15 watts of cool tube tone, plug into the “less than one watt” and you get your great tube tone but now it’s a whisper more than a roar. The Less than 1-watt option allows you to drive the power amp section really hard allowing you to really access the “dark art” tone of power amp distortion.

The CUB12R is a member of the CUB range which offers everyone the opportunity to experience the sound and feel of a good quality tube amp at what is an amazing price.

SPECIFICATION

Channel Controls Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume & Tone
Class Class A/B
Packed Dimensions (HxWxD mm) 455 x 475 x 275
Drivers - 12" HH Driver
Equalisation - Bass, Middle, Treble
Footswitch - FS1 (Not Included)
FX Loop(s) - Yes
Impedance - 8 Ohm
Inputs - 2 : 15W & <1W
Output Valves - 2 x EL84
Power - 15 Watts & < 1 Watt
Preamp - Valves 3 x ECC83
Reverb - Yes
Speaker connections 8 - 16 Ohm connections
Weight 11.5 Kg
Unit Dims - for int. case (HxWxD mm) 427 x 435 x 235.

Deal and testing at my convenience at Bishan. Reach me at nine eight three six two four six three if keen. Bring down your guitar and effects if necessary.

Going for $300. Do note that the 2-pin socket of this amp has already been changed to a 3-pin one by Sound Alchemy, hence no more hum and grounding issues whatsoever with this amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back