Old player Looking for Classical Guitar + Qn regarding neck warp

RuiQi

Hello forum

Around 3 years ago ( cant remb ) , i bought the Maestro SD3 and started playing the acoustic guitar. About 2 years later , i stopped due to army + time constraint. Ive offcially ORD-ed and would like to start again but this time playing the classical guitar. Even with the acoustic guitar , i tend to mostly play instrumental songs like Romance De Amor , River flows in you , etc.

Ive "lost most of my skills" but am ready to pick it up all over again. I was wondering if Maestro is a good brand for classical guitars ? Im open to any other brands/suggestions from the forumers here.

Next , regarding my old Maestro SD3 guitar. Its been sitting in its casing for years now and im sure its neck has warped considerably with many other problems(?) ( didnt remove the strings prior to entering BMT , forgot about it in the following years , my fault )

If i were to send it to a guitar-repair shop , would they be able to fix it ? Should i instead , get a new acoustic guitar ( if my guitar is in a very bad shape ) ? Im still keen on playing acoustic , its just that id like to try out classical as well :)
Also , id like to know where are the places guitarists usually go to fix/setup their instruments.

Am looking forward to re-starting this journey again

Regards
RuiQi

Last edited:
Back