Nice eating places

amnesiac

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a nice eating place to go to. Any suggestions? Where's your favourite spot? Budget is not really a problem. Preferably a place where you can chill and relax too. Thanks! :)

well i like pasta..

and if you do too, i'd recommend

ambush at takashimaya basement.
and waraku at central and novena.

:)

1. Tiong Bahru market. but it can be quite stuffy and hot, may not be such a nice place to chill.

2. Miss Clarity Cafe at Purvis Street (Bugis)

I usually chill out at Cafe Gelare for a nice hot Frappe and delicious cookies n cream ice-cream. I also like the food at simpang Bedok. The western food there is exquisitely nice but quite expensive. But since budget is not a problem to you, you should try the pizza there. My all-time favourite dessert is the Banana Crumble at Swensen. Hee~ Yeah I got expensive taste, but I still love my mom's cooking.

After a good day's worth of LAN, i like to cross over Beauty World and have my pizza murtabak with tea cino at Al-Ameen. Simple pleasures.

im a fan of food along the bukit timah stretch so here's my take:

if you guys like to chill and have good food, i think corduroy & finch along upper bukit timah is a great place, especially after work, or school. ample parking, great food, just that the price may be a turn off for schoolkids. set aside maybe $40/person for entree + desert. or you could try their corduroy cafe at vivo. their rhubarb pastry is quite good. haha but yeah ambience-wise, difficult to beat.

if you like seafood, you could try the Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro off greenwood avenue - its somewhere on the njc side. beats fish and co, fisherman's wharf, manhattan fish market or what you have hands down. the fish is fresh and the prices are comparable to the fish&co&friends restaurants. haha best fresh seafood this side of singapore. and service is power.

err if you want halal food there's always Mad Jack's cafe at the building beside Bukit Timah NPC. er prices are like the Botak Jones franchise. food is also similar, minus the consistency problems botak jones has at different locations. best of all, its halal. and also has takeaway. and also near to adam road hawker center. skip serene center mcdonalds, mad jacks is a thousand times better.

Go vivocity, ta pao long john silvers, then go to the boardwalk (dono whats it called, the at the side one, facing sentosa and the waters). Sit there and enjoy and talk shit all night. D.I.Y AL FRESCO SIOL!!! (Did I mention Waterfront dining too? :p)

Of course its abit budget and unglam to some people la.
and sumore nowadays even more people sit around there, last time nobody one, like you own the place. (but I still enjoy it, cause can sit on the floor feel the breeze and watch sunset)

Cost per head : $5 - $15 (I eat alot at long john silvers :p)

For the people with more cash at bank, theres Bliss @ Punggol Park too, a little far for me, but its an amazing place. I love the pasta there (aglio olio, cream). Also al fresco + waterfront dining.

Cost per head : $20 - $30 (Pretty big portions so no worries about still being hungry)

Hope I helped! :D

CHEERS TO GOOD FOOD! :D

I like going to ajisen ramen, or tcc sometimes. Eating out is getting too expensive nowadays, so I just learn to cook.

The 24 hour muslim / indian eating place along upper serangon road previously know as reseki restaurant - lotsa SG musos hang out there after hours - food is quite tasty

Best chill out place is always at home - boxers for HIM and lingerie for HER - lovelovelove, lots of it, is always in the air - neber far away - all types of lovelovelove oso can one.

Dei! Learn to cook lah.

Last edited:
bro - err how does it differ from other MacDonalds restaurant? En-liten please ... :)

Corduroy close already lor......

Try Mimolette at that horse stable along bukit timah stretch, I was told its pretty cosy place and they have a Sunday Grillout.
One of my favourite will be at BarBar Black Sheep also along the bukit timah stretch at Cherry Ave.
My current favourite is at Red Dot Brewhouse, Dempsey Hill.
For special occasions and when I'm feeling a bit rich, it'll be at Prive, Keppel Island. Best steaks evaaaah.
Ramen joints are like comfort food. Santouka at Central, Miharu at Gallery Hotel, Ichibantei at Robertson Quay, Noodle house Ken at Orchard Plaza. Any joint anytime.

McDonald's at Serangoon Central. Classic 8)

o_O How is it classic?

Actually, there used to be a nice Italian pasta restaurant in West Coast. Pity it closed down. =X There was good food in there.

And I think learning how to cook will impress your girl more than anything else. I'm lucky. I knew how to cook since young, so yeah...

Cook the food. Get the wine and candles. And you're in for a good time.

Very nice places both vx02 and edder recommended.

The best two places I've had dinner at last half of the month were

1. Shin Kushiya

I quite like the ambience, it's facing Sentosa but you can't really see anything other than the resort construction at the moment. Decent food, decent pricing. You can always head to Ben & Jerry's or something after for a quick dessert then head to the open area at the top and hang out.

2. Seafood International

Great food, not so great service though. A tad noisy in the restaurant (Chinese restaurants are usually like that, all the ah sohs shouting at one another even though they're right beside each other at the same bloody table). You can go for a cuppa at Starbucks after, or just walk along the beach.

Astons has pretty darn good steaks for very good prices. But as always, you'll have to queue, always a price to pay for good stuff.

I'll go look through my brother's list of restaurants he'll be featuring in the new updated Singapore travel guide and include whatever reviews are in place.

I'm not a fan of Botak Jones. I don't think their fish and chips are that good. Heh. But if you're in Toa Payoh, one place to go for fricking good fish and chips is at some block which i can't remember. Hahaha. But it's along Comic Connection (Not the one near the library).

Another one of my favourites would be Surabaya at Lucky Plaza. Not sure if i got the spelling right but the Ayam Penyet is power to da maxxzxz.

If i'm around Thompson, i'll go to prata house for prata kosong and plaster! Along with teh chinno or milo dinosaur

I like this restaurant near Changi. I think it's called Charlie's Corner or something. Awesome western food. \m/

And sometimes when i have to buy food, i'll go to the market near my place for awesome Fishball noodles/Carrot cake/Roasted duck rice/Braised duck rice/Hokkien mee/Western food/Wanton mee. Almost everything is awesome there. There are very few stalls that suck cause they normally close down after like 3 month or so. Oh and the 24 hour prata stall near my place is awesome too!:D

Back