New Sabian Models!!!?? Recycle cymbals!

one mans trash is another mans treasure...

Im quite curious how they refurbish it.. put more lathe to it? put more polish to it??

nonetheless, some of the soundsamples are freaking sweet and they're insanely cheap!! and if u have a good eye, u can see some of the SR2's make...

for example the HHX series with its huge peen hammering, hand hammered with its well hand hammered pattern and aax and so on and so forth... hmmm im really considering some, first come first serve siol!

woah. thanks for the find. now i'm tempted to buy some...i'm gonna save up and get some new cymbals. :D.

one mans trash is another mans treasure...

Im quite curious how they refurbish it.. put more lathe to it? put more polish to it??

nonetheless, some of the soundsamples are freaking sweet and they're insanely cheap!! and if u have a good eye, u can see some of the SR2's make...

for example the HHX series with its huge peen hammering, hand hammered with its well hand hammered pattern and aax and so on and so forth... hmmm im really considering some, first come first serve siol!

Eh.. U don't talk much ah.. Go and get ur AAXplosion crash first.. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Interesting stuff! Thanks for the heads up shred5 :D
Looks like they re-lathed the cymbals with brilliant finishes. I like the idea of recycling metal instead of discarding them.

Their categorizing is kind of confusing though, IMHO. They are only categorized by sizes and all under the SR2 series. What if I only want those with HHX-type of giant hammerings? Does that mean that I have to go through many many pieces just to find that one cymbal?

I doubt Swee Lee will bring these in, but hopefully they will prove me otherwise. The more choices, the better it is for us of course!

I also wonder that since these are recycled cymbals, how will they price these pies (if Swee Lee brings them in). Will it be cheaper, like stated in the website? Hmm...

Hello.

First of all, I should introduce myself. My name is Peter Stairs, and I am the Vice President of Sales for Sabian. I am happy to have the opportnity to communicate with the drummers of Singapore on this forum.

Its nice to see the interest for SR2 in Singapore.

At the present time, we are doing a small test market within the US. Obviously, the word on SR2 got out pretty fast, as anything does these days. Its a pretty unique concept in the cymbal world.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have on SR2 and Sabian cymbals in general. While I may not be able to check back often, I will do my best. Also if any of you have any questions you would rather pose to me directly, you can do so at peters@saREMOVEbian.com

As far as availability of SR2 goes, for the moment it is likely what they will only be available in the US for now. The concept of SR2 is taking cymbals that have been in the market already and returned to Sabian, and re conditioning them so they can go back out into the market at a lower price than a new one. The cymbals that we are using for SR2 are only ones that come from our cast lines of AA, AAX, HH, HHX or Vault/Signature. Part of the reconditioning process is the very unique look that we apply to them. The purpose of this is to clearly distinguish an SR2 from a new mainstream Sabian. We want to be sure that the customer is fully aware that they are purchasing a cymbal that has been reconditioned, as opposed to a new one. That is also the reason for the "Factory Renewed" logo. Because we have to mainly rely on cymbals that have been returned to us, supply will be limited. In fact there definitely will be times when we will not be able to supply. SR2 is not a new series.

So for now, availabiliy will be limited to the US only. As SR2 evolves, that may spread out some. We'll have to wait and see.

Again, please feel free to post your questions, or contact me directly about SR2 or any other Sabian product. I'll do my best to answer them as soon as I can.

Hello.

First of all, I should introduce myself. My name is Peter Stairs, and I am the Vice President of Sales for Sabian. I am happy to have the opportnity to communicate with the drummers of Singapore on this forum.

Its nice to see the interest for SR2 in Singapore.

At the present time, we are doing a small test market within the US. Obviously, the word on SR2 got out pretty fast, as anything does these days. Its a pretty unique concept in the cymbal world.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have on SR2 and Sabian cymbals in general. While I may not be able to check back often, I will do my best. Also if any of you have any questions you would rather pose to me directly, you can do so at peters@saREMOVEbian.com

As far as availability of SR2 goes, for the moment it is likely what they will only be available in the US for now. The concept of SR2 is taking cymbals that have been in the market already and returned to Sabian, and re conditioning them so they can go back out into the market at a lower price than a new one. The cymbals that we are using for SR2 are only ones that come from our cast lines of AA, AAX, HH, HHX or Vault/Signature. Part of the reconditioning process is the very unique look that we apply to them. The purpose of this is to clearly distinguish an SR2 from a new mainstream Sabian. We want to be sure that the customer is fully aware that they are purchasing a cymbal that has been reconditioned, as opposed to a new one. That is also the reason for the "Factory Renewed" logo. Because we have to mainly rely on cymbals that have been returned to us, supply will be limited. In fact there definitely will be times when we will not be able to supply. SR2 is not a new series.

So for now, availabiliy will be limited to the US only. As SR2 evolves, that may spread out some. We'll have to wait and see.

Again, please feel free to post your questions, or contact me directly about SR2 or any other Sabian product. I'll do my best to answer them as soon as I can.

Thanxx for the info PeterS and welcome to SOFT.:)

Wow! VP of Sabian Sales is here to answer our questions :D
Welcome to SOFT and thanks for dropping by here, Peter. Great to have you around to answer our queries.

Back