New Guitar

Mjollnir

i was wondering wether i shud get a fender or an epiphone my budgets like 1k or more if possible.. i play stuff like rock old skool punk and stuff

for those punk stuff i dont think good gear is important..just get a cheap ass guitar and pump up your distortion..lol

Yeah!!

My best bet for you is the Epiphone Les Paul Std.

Remainder money go buy Jekyll & Hyde Twin Distortion pedal & you're on your way to Old School Punk Rock.

It's not Twin Distortion...

It's a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive with a Jekyll being a T808 clone with the Hyde part being a Metalzone clone.

Hmm

Warm tones, with clear mids (not too chunky tho). Somewhat like a Background distortion liddat.

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
Warm tones, with clear mids (not too chunky tho). Somewhat like a Background distortion liddat.

it depends. some tube amps have muddy midrange, it's all about the tubes, engineering & the pre-amp + power amp sections in use.

Peavey's Triple XXX has one of the chunkiest midrange ever.

Sorry for being off topic but, why the hell do you have to bold your words all the time? :lol:
And, no I don't think the transtube series are tube amps.
They are amps which model tube sound.
"Peavey's exclusive TransTube guitar amplifier technology emulates the sound, high output, warmth and "push back" of tube amplifiers. The TransTube preamp tailors the gain level while the power amp responds to the preamp with natural compression that increases with the amp's volume, just like a tube output section. Now you can get rich tube tone in a lightweight, hasslefree, reliable amp."

Back