Musiciansfriend - 14x6 porkpie acrylic

alvyn

Hey guys, was looking at musiciansfriend.com and I saw a 14x6 porkpie acrylic going for ~SGD$379. To my knowledge, that's cheaper than most 1st hand snare drums... and its supposedly 1st hand.

i'm just wondering if that's a deal, or is there a catch, like super expensive shipping etc.

Any comments from bros who've gotten stuff from MF before?

I have never gotten stuff from MF. MF doesn't ship overseas. But I can estimate that shipping from Vpost will run you between $60-$120, depending on how large a box MF ships it in.

Eh? MF doesn't ship overseas meh? I thought they did... hmm even if its $120 also quite cheap leh. haha

shipping might be 100+ ... must calculate.

i've ordered stuff from there before, last year i couldn't wait till yamaha bring in zildjian hybrid stock ( i had orie bought the rest except the china and the hat) so i ordered a pair of the hybrid hats via musiciansfriend.

i think the shipping for it was less than 100 , cos although heavy its not as bulky.

in general shipping is $13 + $9.13 per kg thereafter. (all in sing dollars)

i wanted to ship a drumset. which weight total about 110 pounds. (about 50+kg)

hence it would have been $13 + (55 x $9.13) = about S$510 :shock:........ give up

plainsman
holyshit $510 shipping is kinda insane... hmmm but how heavy can a snare be eh.. i just emailed them asking for a quotation, so i'll see what they say :)

Me wify on 27th October going to USA Orlando for Holiday till 5th december - I hope she can buy me something eg A Drum Kit - but I guess I must be dreaming lar hahahaha ! ....

hmm what happens if you ship a 9 piece pearl reference... shipping = 2000?

it all depends on the box u ship in.... coz thats the bottom line for all couriers..

bigger it is = more expensive...

i've seen a pdp 6 piece kit... all inside one box... so that'll count around say 300 - 400 coz it was well packed and everything was fitted to the box...

the hardware came on a seperate box..

ok bros, they haven't replied me yet, but i checked with my colleagues. it works by dimensions and weight, so im thinking that the porkpie acrylic snare won't weight that much, and its quite small too. hmmmmmm

it still depends on how they pack the item into... if the weight of the snare is 1kg but the volumetric weight is 10kg, they charge u the highest one man...

I just shipped a snare drum, with a hardcase from eBay via VPost. Cost me $60. But am not sure if it's the way the seller pack though.

I estimated the shipping to be around $150 too, but turned out to be $60. It was a great relief. Haha!

Haven't come yet leh. I just paid for VPost shipping on Friday. :mrgreen:

It's a 70s Ludwig Acrolite. From the serial number, it should be a 1976 drum. Need to clean, change heads and change the snare wires though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180163152532&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

See the case like slightly bigger. Shipping dimension is 50.0X 47.0X 18.0 cm which makes the volumic weight at 7.1 kg. The actual weight is 6.1 kg. But Vpost charges by whichever is bigger, which is around $60 plus.

Maybe the Pork Pie shipping price is ok too. But purely for reference sake. Don't quote me on that. :)

Last edited:
waaaaaaaah the highly acclaimed acrolite...bring during meetup if u dont mind it being bashed on?hahah!

Back