Mogwai, Esplanade Concert Hall, 23 Jan 2009

e

mog_interimflyer.jpg

KittyWu is proud to announce a one-night-only show for Scottish rockers, Mogwai, in Singapore

Like prodigal sons, these five fearless crescendo-rockers will return to our shores for a performance at the Esplanade Concert Hall on 23 January 2009

Mogwai's first concert in Singapore in 2006 was sold out and attracted not only local fans but also those from the region. It was also remembered as one of the loudest shows ever held at the Esplanade.

On an Asian tour to support their latest album, The Hawk is Howling, the band returns to it's roots, working with producer Andy Miller for the first time in a decade and delivering its first set of completely instrumental songs in several albums' time. It has also sparked a cavalcade of interest in the band with the terms "classic" and "epic" being bandied around with pretty liberal abandon.Their breathtaking balancing act of fragile beauty and occasional overwhelming sonic terror has developed quite a devoted following here in Singapore.

Live, though, is where Mogwai are really at and if past shows are anything to judge by, you won't want to miss Mogwai. Glorious. Brutal. Loud. Ethereal.

Ticketing details will be made available soon. Tickets will be available through www.sistic.com.sg

Oh sweetas! I'll be seeing them in Australia. But yea, that's good that they're dropping by in Singapore. Haha. :)

): ): ): ): ): ok off-topic a bit who wants the $128 seats for stars pm me its first level like 4th row?

on topic, mogwai is awesome music for making out to, lol. and THANKS KITTY WU FOR BRINGING THEM IN, will go in my uniform if i have to

watched them two years ago when they came to singapore! awesome shiz!!! u better go if u have a chance. mogwai is one of the best post rock experience u can ever get

23 Jan is the Friday before the Chinese New Year long weekend... so Daryl, you may just have a chance to catch them still if your BMT school lets you book out early.....

:)

Mogwai_Hawkcat%282%29.jpg

“You shouldn't be reading this. It's completely redundant. All the potency, texture and variation of moods come from instruments alone. Mogwai paint pictures in sound; no words needed.” - Ian Rankin

Tickets S$55, S$65, S$85 (Early-bird S$75), S$100(Early-bird S$90) from SISTIC.

Tickets go on sale 26 Dec 2008.
Internet Booking starts on 26 Dec 2008, 9am.
Other sales channel starts on 26 Dec 2008, 10am.

Early bird pricing ends 12 Jan 2009.

Tickets can be purchased through
the SISTIC Website: www.sistic.com.sg,
SISTIC Hotline: (65) 6348 5555 and SISTIC Authorized Agents islandwide.

if to watch them in a club like mono, it will be even better. Mono gave a new meaning to volume/loudness and still sounding so distinctively clear, to me. It was amazing i thought,

anyway i is so going for mogwai, again!

not familiar? how can? alongside Explosions In The Sky, Sigur Ros and Godspeed You Black Emperor.............Mogwai are the kings of the rost pock!!!! Even Isis owe quite a bit of their sound to Mogwai........

ok i say the tr00 kingz n' godfathers are Tortoise hahaha but yes Mogwai have really set the template for that heavy instrumental rock sound.....

Because i'm more into post-metal/drone/doom/atmospheric sludge than post-rock.

Isis, Seven Nautical Miles, A Storm of Light, Russian Circles, Unearthly Trance, Neurosis, Cult of Luna... You get the idea.

tortoise is amazing. AMAZING!!! take that, mogwai!!! haaa..

too bad i missed mono when they came....i can only imagine what it would have sounded like...

heh, the volume of mono live, is like listening to their cd at full blast plus another 2 to 5x more. Especially during their loud part. Guess being in club venue, the sound also most impactful as well

tortoise was fun, watching them all going on their on but somehow each part just blend in nicely.

Back