Metallica for Singapore?

God rlly hates me. Why was i born on 1993!?! I wish i was born in the late 70s/ early 80s, metal was at its very best back then.

haha...metalhead! be glad you are young. enjoy the heavy load of craps before we all fade away... heavy metal will always be best for me...then, now and way into the future. you just grow with them.

bang your head hard!!!

btw, i am at least 20 years your senoir.

Where's all the drugs,sex,booze? Rock n' roll. haha. 20th Century. It was all drugs,sex,booze rock n' roll,pure thrashing everything back then. I don't see this shit anymore. Nowadays it's all mostly scream here scream there,gore here gore there. I'm not saying it's bad or what,i'm just saying with all the sub genres nowadays,metal for eg,isnt METAL anymore. Last time it was Metal,Rock,Jazz,blah2. I mean it was easier to diffrentiate. Metal isn't all about being angry in a thrashed up way. It's also a lot of things,feelings,life,the world,politics,environment,mythology,science,fiction,blah2. Hahaha IMO la.
From Metallica to Iron Maiden to Yngwie to Helloween to As I Lay Dying to Bullet For My Valentine to Arch Enemy to Slipknot. Hahaha.

haha...metalhead! be glad you are young. enjoy the heavy load of craps before we all fade away... heavy metal will always be best for me...then, now and way into the future. you just grow with them.

bang your head hard!!!

btw, i am at least 20 years your senoir.

Haha well, as long as poseur metal bands like a7x all die out, i agree with yr statement dude! Heavy metal was, is, and will always be the bomb :cool:

RockerJ_77: Well said dude, couldn't put it any better. We need a new metallica/iron maiden/black sabbath to start the whole metal wave again...

Yeah man. But IMO. I don't think there will be anymore. Probably the 'future' pioneers will become the 'old school' of next time and now what we consider old school will fade? That's what I really don't want. Like Dave Mustaine said 'The world of Metal changed forever Back In the Day.' Hahahaha.

The government dont know what a rock concert should be back then. I saw MetallicA, and yeah, there were seats at the front row and MetallicA fans helped indoor stadium clear the space .LOL! The govt were concerned coz MetallicA played Indonesia before coming here and all hell broke loose during their gig there...... .

The Singapore show has Jason in crew cut hair with a tiny mohawk doin Star Spangled Banner bass solo.WOOOOO !!!

James asked the crowd what the show is missing, he said the show is missing some kind of liquid.......the crowd shouted sperm, and James laughed his ass off. ITS BEER !!!!

Don't worry lah fellow softies, they will come again....at least thats what Lars said 15 years ago.

IMO,I consider Bullet,metalcore elements esp in the older ones (the poison album),but they may sound slightly emocore too due to their lyrics. Can consider metalcore la,which derives from Heavy and Hardcore Punk. Scream Aim Fire's thrashier.
Slipknot esp the older ones are rap metal/nu metal,but IDK la,they're overall sound sounds screwed,but IDK why. It's nice. Hahaha. For me.

They came around maybe 16 years ago...if i can recall correctly. It was a time when organizers here weren't to experienced at putting out huge, metal or hardcore shows..unlike today. When the band went on, the it was instant mayhem..I bought a ticket right at the back and 10 minutes through the show I managed to crash and scale through several barriers to reach all the way to the front.

The show was so lovelovelovelovelovelovelove awesome...the band played alot of older material..from Kill 'em All, to Master of Puppets, to Ride the Lightning...Justice for all..it was a continous onslaught of Metallica anthem after anthem.

I have to see Metallica live before i die. I wouldn't mind being a 70 year old fart (no offence to any 70 years old in soft) and rocking out at ozzfest 2060 or smth. Sigh, dreams...

i wonder if anyone has pics from their concert here in 1992. would be fun to see. haha. My form teacher in school was lucky enough to go then. haha. too cool!

everybody was well behaved if i can recall, minimal headbanging..
the seats in front were makeshift, can fold one... how to destroy? hehe..
didnt take pics but got the concert t-shirt, not using anymore.. any ideas? maybe frame it up?

:mrgreen:

As long as metallica promise not to play any song from saint anger, i'd rob a bank and travel around the world just to see them live :D

I was there too....

First thing I felt then was that its like of weird to have a heavy metal concert at Indoor stadium, that place is so echoey that you can't really hear Kirk's guitar solo...Metallica need a venue which have space for real LOUD Volume..Indoor stadium is just too small....but the showmanship of theirs certainly makes us forget about the sound quality...

Jason also did a "Dazed n COnfused" riff somewhere in the middle...

After this first heavymetal concert I attended makes me really bored to go for other "sit still" concert, the kind of energy is so different...

lester_music, had that same weird "rock concert obedient" feel too.
I cant remember much about the concert, only knew we had a great time there lol..
Another happening venue held for live concerts was at the National Theatre... wasted man!

someone should just give the person in charge of the music rules in singapore the sack. really sucks man.

ALRIGHT!

Scanning the scene
in the city tonight
We're looking for you
to start up a fight
There's an evil feeling
in our brains
But it's nothing new
you know it drives us insane

Running,
On our way
Hiding,