Maxtone drum set

Neoorigin said:
I'm getting a kit by this week and just found out that ranking sports sells Gretsch drums!

Well...both the tamas are Philipine Mahogany...same as the ludwig accent cs...BUT!!!! , if u upgrade ur choice to a Ludwig Accent CS Custom/Elite...it would be 100% birch...which is great for live i've heard...brich has a very EQ'd sound...n i got a quote on Ludwig CS Customs by swee lee via email...he said its 1000 bucks...worth it i guess...coz its well below ur budget and perhaps u cud upgrade on cymbals. OR...try the Gretch catalina kit if ranking does really sell them...its great from wad ive read...

Neoorigin said:
what's with the pearl export series that i hear lots of people wanting it anyway? 8O

Pearl Export a.k.a. bang-for-a-buck . They have better hardware then Forums...they use Optimounts...jux lyk the pro series. Finishes are the best on the ELX versions...EX kinda plain...EXR kinda weird.LOL :lol: . But its still Poplar wood lyk Forums...diff is hardware n finishes only...

yah.. i guess i will nv get the drums out of my house if i ever get one.. so i dun mind getting an export.. but.... yet to hear from anyone using acoustic kits in HDB even if it's muted.

Maxtone

Yes Maxtone is from Taiwan. Very Affordable. Not that bad lah. There was a lady selling a 6pc maple with cymbals and stands for 800. Maple!!!! So I searched on the web and finally called up the distributor. I didnt go down in the end to test it!!!! But from the looks of it, looks quite sturdy.

DONT EVER BUY A FREAKIN CARLOS. My god the shell is not even round, with chips and woodspikes on the shell. 500 clams.. wouldnt fork out 50 for that also.

This is his address, very hard to find

Thank you very much for your interest in our drum sets.

Please kindly contact our distributor at the following address. You are welcomed to our web site: www.maxtone.com.tw to have a prompt review on our ranges. Once we can do anything further, please let us know without delay.

MR. DAVID LAM
MUSIC BREWERY PTY. LTD.
BLK 1, YISHUN STREET 23
YS-ONE #04-30
SINGAPORE 768441
TEL: 65-63340142
FAX:65-63345753

Best regards,
Oscar Wu/General Manger

I got to step in to defend Carlos drumsets. As we are talking about value for money here, quality wise we can't really talk much at this price range.

I believe the comparision is between the sets in the price of S$499 or so kind of drumsets.

For this price, you are gettin on a carlos set: Bass drum, 2 toms, 1 snare, 1 floor tom, 1 hi hat stand, 1 straight stand, 1 boom stand, 1 snare stand, 1 drum trone, (chair), 1 drum pedal, 12" 14" 18" (4pcs cymbals), 1 pair sticks. (incl delivery)

For the same price on others, you will not have the boom stand and extra 18" crash ride cymbal, you may not have the trone or any cymbals too.

Yes, I agree the shell on the carlos somewhat rough in texture, and the plastic laminate not glued fully. But properly installed, the set still delivers to standard. I am saying this as I am using it for my jamming studio for more than a year, still on stock skins (protected). My customers seldom complain.

The most important thing I feel, is to buy with the set delivered and properly installed by an experienced person (sorry you have to pay them for this what). DIY will not be advisable,

For the money, I think Carlos is the best choice. But now still out of stock from the distributor. (They do have a slightly better model at about $100 more).

Frummer said:
Pearl Export a.k.a. bang-for-a-buck . They have better hardware then Forums...they use Optimounts...jux lyk the pro series. Finishes are the best on the ELX versions...EX kinda plain...EXR kinda weird.LOL :lol: . But its still Poplar wood lyk Forums...diff is hardware n finishes only...

If I'm right, all Pearl Exports uses stock I.S.S Mounts. Only Sessions series and above uses Optimounts. BUT, U can request for Optimounts when U purchased them.

I prefer ISS mounts.. Assembling and Disassembling is a breeze..

Whoa... and I thought drums are just 5 pc equipment... haha never thought it can be sooooooo complicated...

:oops: Seriously catch no balls when it comes to drums... haha... but from the looks of things u guys are pro...

:lol: Cheers! from a guitar playing guy...

Back