Maxtone drum set

oes23

Anyone out there can give me advise for maxtone drum set?Is is consider a good drum set. What is the market price like? is it advisable to get this brand for beginner?I wish to know more about this brand and other drum brand too.help~~!!

Erm...nv heard of b4 somehow.I hope its not those new cheap brands etc. Carlos :?

Try more known brands...coz they are obviously better den some uknown brand. ( sorry if it is jux me that doesnt noe the brand )

Try:
Tama ( swee lee )
Pearl ( swee lee )
Peavey ( not as good i heard , swee lee )
INOVA ( swee lee )
Ludiwg ( swee lee )
Pacific ( Ranking ( opp. swee lee bras basah )
DW ( ranking i tink , another shop somewhere in singapore too )
Premier ( Accent )
Yamaha ( Music plaza )
Others lyk Carlos,Lazer ....i dunno

For what i had found out, maxtone is from taiwan.Sound quality wise , hmmm...... still haven't test.

Well according to a staff member at swee lee, it's better to get a good quality drum kit since you won't regret it. The cheaper ones might not sound as good or easily break apart.

I got a ludwig 2 weeks ago from there. The initial price was 600+ (only 5 piece kit with hi-hat stand and no cymbals) then I got no-frills cymbals and ludwig stands for extra 100 and I still got 2 free stools and cheap (crap) sticks.

If you want taiwan-made then maybe try inova(is it taiwan or china?). It's cheaper but still ok.

go for the best u can afford!! www.pearldrum.com is a good place to read reviews on the pearl line of drum kits they are offering.. there's a forum there which i read it everyday to update myself and i find it useful! :)

i haven't played a maxtone myself. so i won't say anything about it..

oes23 said:
For what i had found out, maxtone is from taiwan.Sound quality wise , hmmm...... still haven't test.

ok guys! I had try on the maxtone drum. phew!! different tom at least can produce differnt tone. but anyone know how to judge on the sound qualilty?

cant really noe coz u gotta tune to ur liking n hear how difficult it is lo...

erm...u got try listening to the overtones...

as a customer try to ask the salesman to hit it when u are far away...good to listen to an audience point of hearing :)

yesh frummer. pearl export less than 1k. u can go swee lee check it out. i just saw it a few days ago. maybe i can still get more discount. :)

muting the drum

hey.....i trying to mute or rather lower the volume of the drum set...any suggestion?buying of the mesh will cost quit a bomb....

Re: muting the drum

erm...stuff clothes inside the drum.buy the muffling rings...O-rings.erm....get 2 ply heads or coated heads or black coloured heads.The sound is generally darker...( Evans G2 coated,Ebony heads by remo,remo pinstripes ). i tink there more but anyways...

http://209.25.203.234/showthread.php?t=82439 <<< a thread abt a maxtone drumset in pearl forums...its not that bad :D

lepids said:
yesh frummer. pearl export less than 1k. u can go swee lee check it out. i just saw it a few days ago. maybe i can still get more discount. :)

Oh i think u mean pearl export EX series...i was thinking of Pearl export ELX series...better finishes...n hardware colour...nth affecting the sound though.

I still rather go for a Pacific/any brand with birch shells... :)

*wishes he had a drumset*

u know what.. lol i was reading .. and reading.. and reading... still don't get what u guys talking about lol

dhalif said:
u know what.. lol i was reading .. and reading.. and reading... still don't get what u guys talking about lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isnt it the same as u guyz toking abt gibsons n epihones n guitar stuff!?hahahaha...

Basicallly i hijacked the thread abit by asking abt the Pearl Export Series...
Other den that its jux opinions on this unknown brand ( Maxtone )...

:lol:

I'm getting a kit by this week and just found out that ranking sports sells Gretsch drums! (AWESOME!) : D

and the cheapest of full maples costs 2-over grand. : (
damn sweelee that they won't be importing Tama Superstar (it replaces the rockstar) soon! just got the brochure and realise it's REALLY an AWESOME kit!

btw, i'm playing both punk/funk and jazz on my kit.. and which kits do you think'll best suit me?

1)Tama Swingstar Custom
2)Tama Rockstar Custom
3)Ludwig Accent CS

i dun hear alot of ppl getting exports. or rather none at all. but i think exports are great for that price! :)

are u intending to use the kit for recording or live playing?

Back