Marshall: JVM 410H

i've been enjoying my JVM410H since day 1 without issues (as stated in the link above). i played it devoid of pedals + have pedals connected to it in series & through the loops- no issues. i'm not saying the problems experienced by the people over at that forum are rubbish but as it is, the JVM i own works really well.

in due fairness, if you doubt the JVM's performance, steer clear.

hey bro nice review, how does this compare to the Mode Four? I think comparing the mode four and this particular model is more 'practical'. Forgive me if i am wrong.

Mode Four is the other intriguing 4-channel amp from Marshall but the 300+ watts is a turn off to those attenuatorless players. the primary difference here is that the Mode Four has its own voicings on offer (which is still very Marshall-like) compared to the JVM's 'based on' offerings. in terms of cleans, the latter has that Volume-free control (channel) that's nothing but pure attraction.

Hi there sub,
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Mode Four a solid state amp.
If so, I had always thought the attenuators don't work with solid state amps.

hi sub. got another question rgd mode four vs JVM.
does JVM has the loose mushy distortion sound like mode four?
is the gain level from OD1 to OD2 gradual increase or sudden jump?
i have MF350, dun like the loose mushy dist sound. it needs overdrive pedal to tighten the distortion.

tks in advance

JVM's OD2 channel offers a tighter drive response not quite like any other Marshall's. i know what you are referring to when it comes to 'mushy'- Marshall has this notorious capacity to only sound pleasing at higher volume settings (that's when the power amp tubes come into play) but you just have to hear what the JVM has to offer :cool:

Hey Sub, great review!

I've been reading reports about ppl raving on how good the JVM sounds at low volume playing. What's your personal observation on low/moderate volume playing, say in your own HDB flat?

As a reference, I own a 50W JCM800 which gets loud at volume on 1, gets my neighbours slamming shut the doors at 2, and have a mob (actually just the nice neighbors) showing up at my door by 3. So I'm stuck with setting the master volume to 0.5, with unsurprisingly uninspiring tones out of the poor underutilized tubes.

How does the JVM perform at master volumes of 0.5, 1, and 2?

Thanks!

i've played 'em Marshalls, would say that the JVM/ Vintage Modern are wired to sound superb at both lower/ higher volume settings. i'm not aware if the manufacturer had done this intentionally but the rest of the Marshall tube units sound fantastic only when cranked up (usually vol past 4 or above).

i crank mine up when playing, yes i live in this hole-in-the-wall otherwise known as the HDB flat...

those KT77 tubes (aka the Beanos) have their appeal, the reason they are equipped in the Vintage Modern: http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?t=24718&highlight=vintage+modern

as for me, i'll stick to the default EL34 :cool:

FYI, if you think the JVM410's 4-channel offering is overkill, this year Marshall offers its 'little sisters' the JVM210H/ 205H (100W/ 50W):

545864.jpg

Last edited:
yes. if you are keen, i suggest you wait for the current JVM210/ 205 as these would cost lesser...

Davis also tag their items according to the market rate ie, sometimes the same items can cost less subsequently, as evident from the Edwards guitars :cool:

there are some JCM800/ 900 voicings in the JVM, it's not a carbon copy of the real deal as it receives a JVM treatment in its entirety.

Marshall might be advocating the JVM to emulate some of its glorious tone but the more i play it, i hear more JVM than any of the established Marshall models per se.

Yes they will. I asked about it a few weeks back and they said they can easily get it. Don't know if that means 'in stock' or 'wait months while we order' though.

Latest posts

Back