Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Yea, this German keeper is apparently really good & it's a plus point that he's only 23 yrs old. A lot of potential.

Dime, you've watched this Neuer in action. Do you think he will fit in like a glove at Utd?

Yeah man. The scoreline of that epic match is etched in my memory.

Well he is very good but the problem with keepers nowadays is the ability to command their area and have that trust with their defenders.Im not that sure if Neuer is very commanding of his area but technically he can fit into the team.

But he is still young.Commanding the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand is going to be a mountainous task for him.

your claims don't tally with the article leh...
yes, i'm a fan of Arsenal's style of play in previous seasons - we'll wait to see how they do this season. But i'm not getting too hopeful.

Please refer yourselves to the Football Thread located next door.We do not cater to rival teams such as Arsenal,Chelsea,LOSERFOOL and Man City.

Thank you for your cooperation.

your claims don't tally with the article leh...
Yes, i'm a fan of arsenal's style of play in previous seasons - we'll wait to see how they do this season. But i'm not getting too hopeful.

lets face it bro - the press full of bullocks & will print anything to make a buck .. Only truly reliable info direct from the club site

can't fault you on your choice of team playing style though ... :d

there is a certain lacking in swagger and penetration in this post-CR era...impressed with the youngster Fabio at rightback..kudos to birmingham for bringing it on to the red devils in the late 2nd half with the entrance of their Ecuadorian striker, Chucho ??..he is good from the looks of it..

Owen could make a good debut if he had finished that 1 on 1 situation..if this was pre-Real Madrid Owen...9 out 10 it would be in the back of the net...nevertheless it's business as usual..3 points in the bag..

A winning start for our title defence nevermind the solitary goal. I feel that Berbatov need to speed up a little when launching counter attacks. He held on to the ball too long.

CONGRATS ON THE WIN....

AFC WILL BE PAYING A VISIT TO O.T . REAL SOON :cool:

3816013143_d08a10459d.jpg

Last edited:
great win, man utd, given we had so many injured players.

What a fantastic way to start the new season off!

Come on, united!!

Let's gun for the 4th bpl title!

Please refer yourselves to the Football Thread located next door.We do not cater to rival teams such as Arsenal,Chelsea,LOSERFOOL and Man City.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yes, I second that. :cool:

Oh & to any Pool fan that might be lurking around here, what the hell happened to your so called "winning team" last night against Spurs???

HAHA. HOHOHO. You fools.

Last edited:
AFC WILL BE PAYING A VISIT TO O.T . REAL SOON :cool:

3816013143_d08a10459d.jpg

bring it arsearse!!!

damn that picture is really epic win man.. it has victory written all over it.. i really need to get something like that.. but i doubt it'll be as awesome. :(

Dudelove: I'm still not confident of Foster. And yes, Scholes was on fire last night. Yes, we may have won by just 1 goal. But the fact of the matter is, we still bagged 3 points, just as Chelski & Arse did.

Dudelove: I'm still not confident of Foster. And yes, Scholes was on fire last night. Yes, we may have won by just 1 goal. But the fact of the matter is, we still bagged 3 points, just as Chelski & Arse did.

hahahhaha so sorry, but that picture of fgl scattered around all the football threads is sooo distracting..

its just so full of WIN. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

contrary to what people said about owen, i felt it was a pretty good effort on his part.
as a striker, there is a lot of pressure to score but you gotta create chances before you can score.
you can see that owen was creating opportunities to score, and i bet if the match carried on for another 10 mins or so, he would have got his name on the scoresheet.

contrary to what people said about owen, i felt it was a pretty good effort on his part.
as a striker, there is a lot of pressure to score but you gotta create chances before you can score.
you can see that owen was creating opportunities to score, and i bet if the match carried on for another 10 mins or so, he would have got his name on the scoresheet.

Yeah i believe he was let loose a bit too late.Wasnt an asset to have Berbatov on the pitch too long though but he was very productive seconds before he went off.Must have felt scared or something.

Back