Making another gig (Read before you PM me :D )

Rojak_king

Guys, IM BACK!! HAhaha okay not many of you know 'Rojak King'. Last time i used to be active in making gigs (e.g Excess Denied 1, 2, 3 etc) till a period where I myself can't play music (*obviously due to my result and my parents nagging at me). So now Im back and I plan to organise more gigs for new bands that finding for a platform to perform infront of strangers and even your friends :)

Well, I know there's many issue or debate or commotion about Pay to Play gig. Basically YES i made some long ago and now I making one of it due to some reasons.

1: I realise that there's not many platform for new found bands to perform or gain experience.

2: Organisers that organise gigs usually won't call bands that has no experience or even known in the scene. Unless you have a contact with some good and kind organisers.

3: Gigs that organise and shared loss/profits between bands are hard to find as we need mutual trust to do so. Cause I myself just create a band. I wouldn't want to organise some gigs with some strangers.

4: Even if you found someone you can work with to share profit/loss , I realise from all my friends that I tried working with, all seems to be lazy to organise.

5: Plus doing this, will easily increase your port folio for your bands to include in your performing experience as not long ago, most bands increase their port folio with the P2P gigs. I mean If I were organiser and I see that you constantly participate in P2P gigs means that you have certain faithfully friends/fans that will support you. This might increase your chance to perform in bigger platform.

6: Participating in this, I will ensure you that you will receive commission by selling the tix that you're suppose to sell. Cause this is not some charity event where you perform for free and not even getting anything back in return other than the experience. Your hardwork WILL be paid.

7: I will ensure that in every gig I organise, there WILL be photographer and OF COURSE refreshment for the bands.

8: Yeah if you heard about the issue around about P2P gigs, You might get turn off by it. BUt actually, This how most of the bands started off. Its either you have contacts OR you gain your contacts. SO basically for pple like me who have no contacts. IT SUCKS! Seriously!

9: This will not only be a platform where you only perform but you can also make friends. I used to make alot while I still active organising :)

So Basically, it won't be P2P if you sell off your tix :) Plus I myself a musician, I really find this way is effective to bands like me who need platform to perform at :)

So this is what I planning to do..... I will see the response on how it goes. I bet there will be some haters who went thru some bad experience will comment about it. Haha sorry to say I won't entertain those haters :)

So this is the plan ...

Requirement :
Bands are needed to sell 15 tix each at a price of $5.
Each tix , You will earn a commision of $1.
Each band will be given a slot of 30 min including set up.
Bands are needed to give a downpayment of $20 (This is to ensure no bands run away la hehe)
Any Genre .

The dates and timing has already been confirmed :)
Date : Oct 30
Time : 5pm till Late

We'll see how the respond. If its good I will do it. If its not, I won't be :)
So I try to get a place asap . and confirm you with it meanwhile, I have to see the responds too. Well, basically, Im only willing to take in 11 Bands at this try. So do PM if you interested :) ANY GENRE!

1- This Side Up
2- Embrace Them Ghost
3- Germane
4- Midnight's Over
5- Crossrage
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-

To all haters, Please keep your comments to yourself :)
If you want to say it out, Do say it nicely please =D hehe
PEACE NO WAR

Last edited:
Hi,

Just a suggestion. Focus more on the incentives for bands to join the gig. Like... increase the commission so that the bands can earn more money.

You got good intentions to bring about a win-win situation for both bands and organizers. Hopefully your venture will pull through.

If there's anyone who tries to flame you here, just don't bother them. Because highly likely, they are playing in bands which think that thousands of people will buy their first EP and thousands of people will watch them play their first ever gig.

Good luck!

Whoa u wake up early, sahur ehk? hahaha
Yeah man thx for idea. I still thinking of something too.
We'll see how it goes :)

Okay I work this out

bands have to sell fifteen tickets at 6 dollars each
1 dollar commission
net profit for bands = 15 dollars
net profit for you per band

75 dollars per band
75 x11 bands

Total net profit for you
$825

Beat merchants 16 dollars/hour

4 x 16= 64 dollars

net profit for you
761 dollars

A nice little earner for you!
why not sell on the door?
why not play at a bigger venue such as sub station?
Why don't you give bands more profit?

Anyway I'm interested if you get rid of the pre sale ticket.

Perhaps pre-sales would be more feasible for a small venture like this, especially if it is a one-man operation. Having door sales may be a bit messy in terms of accounting and accountability. Sure one can get some friends to help but one must be sure of the following 1) able to remunerate the friends who help 2) able to trust the friends who help.

Anyway, pre-sales allow both bands and organizers to promote their shows aggressively to ensure higher take-up rate of tickets before the show. Even if door sales is a must, the price should be higher than pre-sales.

Aite guys for now I still surveying for place :) I'll be back again after few days of hari raya. Sorry about it kay :) btw HAPPY HARI RAYA to all Muslim! :D

Okay guys, I need bands to keep coming in. Coz from the look of the progress most probably i will organise the gig on 16 oct or later. SO bands, do spread the words.. Spread the love :)

Right Now I still finding for nice places to play.

Btw , if you pm me , Do Pm me your band name and your myspace and a contact no. or ya AND YOUR NAME! haha i mean your real name :)

good afternoon organiser,
my band and i are interested to perform
Our band name is Undead Vermillion
My name is Ariffin

Okay guys! Right now, the bands interested is only 6 :) Spread the words guys! btw I will confirm the location by this sunday! :) I waiting for a day off to head down to the gig locations :) So peace!

GUys, the location will be liveAmp. i want to try a new place. It might be small but i willl b interesting to try out a new place :) n btw do PM me ur contact number n band name guys :) I do not haf ur contact number.

dude, malaysian can play ? my band is sonic star radio jamm..already 10 years in age and have played in many big state in malaysia..just wanna test foreign market la plak..hehe

<b>Hello, upon reading the thread i'd like to know more info on how to participate in the event. My band is interested in performing for the event. Could you hit us back on what do we have to do for a slot in that gig?
Thank You very much. :)

-NICO (81347891)(Leave text will call back)

http://www.myspace.com/wearethefifth

20 mins is never enough...
at least 30 - 45...
unless u have soundcheck day...
sorry, but as musician/artist...
i think i should speak up...
even crappy musichut gives 30 mins..

Hi bro, i came across your thread recently and decided to take part in your gig, currently my band "Assault" we played Death Metal, is interested in playing at your show, as we have an EP release coming up soon in Mid-October, so we hope to have more exposure

Below is the link to my band myspace:

www.myspace.com/assaultmilitants

Here's my contact number : Clarence 81231493, we will be putting up some sample from our EP soon too! keep me update on the gig! thanks alot!

Back