M-Audio Gear Compatible for Protools !

joel68

Pro Tools M-Powered Now Available
M-Audio and Digidesign are proud to announce that Pro Tools M-Powered software is now shipping...

M-Audio and Digidesign are proud to announce that Pro Tools M-Powered software is now shipping. Pro Tools M-Powered is an exciting new version of Digidesign's award-winning Pro Tools® software designed to work with select M-Audio® hardware peripherals. An ideal way to professionally record, edit, and mix your music, Pro Tools M-Powered software includes many of the same features that top studios rely on to produce Grammy®-winning albums and Academy Award®-winning film sound.

Pro Tools M-Powered software opens a new door for M-Audio customers to take advantage of the recording industry's most popular audio/MIDI production software using a variety of M-Audio interfaces. Plus, they now have access to additional Digidesign® and Digidesign Development Partner(tm) products designed specifically for Pro Tools - including the Command8 control surface.

This new software/hardware synergy also means M-Audio peripherals can bring more choices to Pro Tools users, allowing them to work on sessions in new and exciting ways. Products such as M-Audio's Ozonic FireWire audio interface keyboard provide a complete mobile workstation environment well suited to the Pro Tools user on the road.

Pro Tools M-Powered software is surprisingly easy to use, and is completely cross-platform, supporting both Windows XP- and Mac OS X-based computers. What's more, sessions created with Pro Tools M-Powered software will open on both Digidesign Pro Tools TDM and LE systems, giving customers instant compatibility with countless Pro Tools-equipped project and professional studios around the world.

Pro Tools M-Powered software gives M-Audio hardware enthusiasts a new way to tap into the powerful recording, editing, and mixing features of Pro Tools. With up to 32 simultaneous tracks of 16- or 24-bit digital audio and 256 MIDI tracks and support for up to 96kHz sample rates, customers now have the tools and options needed to record themselves or an entire band.

Similar to Digidesign Pro Tools LE systems, Pro Tools M-Powered includes more than thirty DigiRack and Bomb Factory plug-ins, including EQ, dynamics, delay, reverb, and many more. Pro Tools M-Powered software also supports ReWire, allowing you to stream the output of your favorite ReWire-compatible application directly into Pro Tools for further mixing and processing.

Pro Tools M-Powered software works with a variety of M-Audio peripherals, from the best-selling Audiophile 2496, with its streamlined connectivity, up to the comprehensive 18-in/14-out FireWire 1814 interface, and Ozonic, the integrated 37-key audio/MIDI FireWire interface and controller. Plus, M-Audio FireWire peripherals are powered from the computer's FireWire bus (6-pin FireWire port required), providing a new variety of completely portable, go-anywhere FireWire-based Pro Tools workstations.

http://www.maudio.co.uk/products/en_gb/ProToolsMPowered-main.html

So, All M-Audio users, can really enjoy the power of Protools. In fact I expected this when AVID took over M-Audio.

Digidesign are expanding their business network ...Big money for them..!!

difference

hi Joel68,

any idea what's the difference between the Pro Tools 001/002 and the M-audio M-powered ProTools ?

will the price of 002 Le drop after this new M-audio ProTools release?

In my survey around Asia where Protools is used, I found the following Pro's and Con's.

DIGI 001

PRO's

1. Probably the best and sturdy interface made by Digidesign
2. PCI is very stable and good with Digidesign's Propreitory SCSI connection.
3. Discontinued as a Legacy Product by Digidesign
4. Software available/compatible is PTLE 6.4.
5. Well priced and a lot of people use it still.

CON's

1. Did not sit well with PC in the initial stages..Later after PTLE version 6, was great...Primarily designed for Macs (G4 & Below)
2. MIDI really sucks !
3. Limited Tracks (24?)

DIGI 002

CONS ONLY

1. Firewire Not stable
2. Poor Workmanship.
3. Marketed to compete with other FW interfaces, but a failure
4. Electronic Noise heard during rec/playback on most systems
5. Supports PTLE 6.7
6. Compared to be the worst FW interface than competitors like MOTU, TASCAM, Presonus !!!!!!
7. MIDI Suuuuuuuuuucks !!
8. Made in ____________
9. No Quality Control !!!

GENERALLY I WOULD SUGGEST USERS TO LOOK OUT & BUY 001 THAN 002

hi Joel68,

any idea what's the difference between the Pro Tools 001/002 and the M-audio M-powered ProTools ?

will the price of 002 Le drop after this new M-audio ProTools release?

M-Powered Protools is designed to work with M-Audio Sound cards only..

There is no possiblity of 002 to drop as selling now at S$1950 ???

Also, M-Powered is a software from Protools to make M-Audio interfaces work with Protools..LE (Priced US$ 329)

Is that clear?

$329

yes, DR.Joel68.

$329 is a good price?
now school kids can afford it.

I remember the days when such equipments cost at least $2000
and only working professionals can afford it.

turbochicken said:
ok they just replied.

it's $580, after US rate conversion.

Sinamex is known for high pricing....I dont know how they run business in Singapore..Compared to City Music/Sweelee's volume of business..

yeaup, unreasonable pricing.

but then again city music's not much better no?

sweelee's ok compared to them but their service renders the same amount of dissatisfaction. so hard choice for egoistic pple like me.

besides, city music and sweelee(definitely) don't carry Maudio products, and surely not this Mpowered series?

it's not even shipped into sinamex yet.

turbochicken,

I had couple of bad experiences with Sinamex....Charge me 1150 for a product which cost only 750....

Also I understand that Hung Bros...at SLS carry M-Audio Products..

joel68 said:
I had couple of bad experiences with Sinamex....Charge me 1150 for a product which cost only 750....

TEAM 108 was worse. Wanted $2800 for something which I could get for <$2,000 including delivery + GST over the net.

Steinberg Asia was not too great either. I asked if they could match the internet price. They gave a discount that was close to the net price + delivery. Never mind. I asked them to deliver, they said NO. (The net shop charges less and deliver to your home and you want me to pay more to go and pick it up from you?)

S$250 for M-audio Pro88es

last week had an appt with Mr 'buy lo, sell hi' CHIN at sinamex,
he bought a M-audio Pro88es MIDI controller at Sinamex for a mere S$250.
I saw the receipt and the Sinamex staff was there too.

According to the Sinamex staff, S$250 is the custom price,
so for the retail price of S$880, we are paying S$630 more???
can't believe it !!! we pay more than S$500 for a piece of gear ???
looks like all these music gear manufacturer make tons of $$$ !!!

Re: S$250 for M-audio Pro88es

You are right Bong.. Chin has very close relationship with Daniel and Simon...and he buys all alesis stuff from them at dealer price...sells high as usual..

Back