Looking to learn classical guitar

xhide85x

Hi, i am a beginner looking to learn classical guitar, would prefer 1-1 lessons, does anyone know of any good classical guitar teachers or are yamaha guitar lessons good? Any recommendations would be appreciated..

for a systematic approach to classical guitar playing and theory. i would recomend yamaha 1-1 lessons as the proper route.... but tons of great private teachers around who can teach as just as well ... if not better. search around at

www.luthermusic.com
www.audioreload.com

these are other sites with classifieds. will probably have teachers posting ads for students....

I personally feel yamaha doesn't really teach in depth. Private is still better. No harm trying though, just find a good teacher who won't kill your interest.

i was there for 4 weeks... to learn guitar... one lesson a week. i quit and eventually found a private tutor.. for "classical" yamaha still the tried and tested route... i was more of a metal/rock head... so yamaha classical guitar classes sucked ass to me.

I had the opportunity to have a look at how yamaha taught their students, didn't really like it and so i found myself a private teacher. Pretty good, especially since he could spend more time comfortably, to focus on strengths and weaknesses. But classical playing really helps build finger strength and trains the fingers to do really weird chords and movements. Basically great foundation to incooperate in electric styles of playing.

when i first started to play, i took small group classical lessons at this music school called Sonare in jurong east. lost form place but i had a very good teacher, indo-chinese guy named dharmartin (i think). just that classical music wasnt exactly my cuppa so i moved on. but the training did help my later learning.

If you are staying in the east, you might want to consider learning classical guitar from my classical guitar instructor (hanz). Hanz is a very good and friendly teacher. he teaches me not onli the technique of playing guitar but also the theory. he always gives his students tabs of the lastest pop songs. Sometimes i will request him to write tabs for the song that i want to learn. learning with him has been realli enjoyable.

If you want to contact him, you can email to me at
bubbles_music@hotmail.com and i will give u his number.

Back