Kirk hammett vs Dave Mustaine

gibbytones

guys,

i was just wondering, what would metallica be today if dave mustaine was still with metallica instead of kirk hammett.

would they be as good?
better?

would we have heard things like st anger?

fair enough.

but i still dont understand why kirk gets so much of lambasting these days.
he used to be good once upon a time.

Thats prob the reason why Kirk gets blasted. :)

I didn;t like kirk from the beginning though.... persoanl preference. That and his auto wah.

haha... true. but in st. anger u wont hear e wah wah wah wah wahhhh waoooohh wahha wahhh because....

there werent any solos at all! haha :lol:

ok sorri not funny.

i think kirk and dave mustaine are very different players. I only know that kirk is a more blues-based player. He's taking alot of heat nowadays though. even if mustaine was still in metallica ill still be a fan!

gibbytones said:
he uses a auto wah?
i didnt know. i thought he was using crybabies.

Lol no la, he's just joking, because Kirk uses(abuses) a wah in almost every bloody thing he does.

but so much being said.

you have to give credit to the man, if it wasnt for his part in the band, metallica wont be what we know them as today.

imo Kirk is way overrated compared to his Bay Area peers, i 2nd the abuse of wahs on his part and how good everyone thought he was at it.

i tink dave & kirk have are special in their own ways. i rmb dave talked bout dis spider technique in guitar playing, but not sure wad isit, u guys know?

but either mustaine or kirk, metallica will still be gods of metal. :D

Back