Alice Nine
An Cafe
the Gazette
Vidoll
Kagrra
X-japan ( =.='' )

i forget other bands liao..
:-D

x-japan is a total must must n yes yes to check it out if u have'nt u r not a jrock or j-metal fan ....other bands to check out r like malice mizer,pierrot,gazette,galneryus,madeth gray,despair's ray.....etc. all are fantastic bands

p.s: juz to let all x-japan fan get excited if u still duno abt it,THEY R BACK AGAIN!!!!!! heard that they promised an album n a single if im not wrong^_^ peace all.WE R X!!!!!!

x-japan is a total must must n yes yes to check it out if u have'nt u r not a jrock or j-metal fan ....other bands to check out r like malice mizer,pierrot,gazette,galneryus,madeth gray,despair's ray.....etc. all are fantastic bands

p.s: juz to let all x-japan fan get excited if u still duno abt it,THEY R BACK AGAIN!!!!!! heard that they promised an album n a single if im not wrong^_^ peace all.WE R X!!!!!!

P.s yoruka, don't misunderstand, i am not picking at you ah!! haha.. =)

But why do you ppl always shadowed out LUNA SEA..

I understand that many ppl thinks that they are a pop-rock band. Actually, they ARE NOT a pop-rock band. Its just that their image mellow down alot already, and the same goes for their music.

LUNA SEA started in 1989 and it was hide who discovered them and signed them under Extasy records. Back then, they use to play dark and heavy music and metal, and their skills definitely can match that of X-Japan. This is evident when Shinya played drums and Sugizo played hide's part for "X" on "Extasy Night". Sugizo learnt the solo in less than a day!

Their rhythm guitarist can shred too! Skill wise he won't lose out to Sugizo, but becos Inoran wasn't interested in playing lead, Sugizo took over entirely the role of the band's lead guitarist. Ryuchi, perhaps the best and versatile vocalist in J-Rock scene. He can screams!! He transformed from a metal head to a pop star over the 10 yrs of LUNA SEA's history.

Recently LUNA SEA just came back together for a reunion concert.

Some ppl from some band make some comments to his girlfriend that during our jamming session that why do we chose to play LUNA SEA's song, and that the song we played is so simple. I still remember it was yrs ago and the guy is damn arrogant.

What i want to say is, yes, X-Japan is the one that started everything in the J-Rock scene. But let's not forget about LUNA SEA. How come nobody give a damn about this band. Just becos they play pop-rock? or they are not visual-keis any more? Den what about L'arc en ciel? They are a pop-rock band by nature and they aren't vk too, but they still garner so much support in our local J-Rock scene. Something is wrong here right? My LUNA SEA thread in this forum response also not very good. so many months liao, still less than 100 views and 2 replies only.

LUNA SEA is also one of the most influential bands after X-Japan, as they are also bands out there who are, if not, deeply influence by LUNA SEA and those bands even prosper in the J-Rock scene!

If you listen to a particular J-Rock band for they have fanciful costumes, or good looking members, or "nice" music (when it sounds really simple and typical..), then, you are not listening to music, you are just another fan-girl, one that supports the likes of Fahrenheit, F4, and 5566.

LUNA SEA, definitely a band not to be forgotten!!

P.s yoruka, don't misunderstand, i am not picking at you ah!! haha.. =)

But why do you ppl always shadowed out LUNA SEA..

I understand that many ppl thinks that they are a pop-rock band. Actually, they ARE NOT a pop-rock band. Its just that their image mellow down alot already, and the same goes for their music.

LUNA SEA started in 1989 and it was hide who discovered them and signed them under Extasy records. Back then, they use to play dark and heavy music and metal, and their skills definitely can match that of X-Japan. This is evident when Shinya played drums and Sugizo played hide's part for "X" on "Extasy Night". Sugizo learnt the solo in less than a day!

Their rhythm guitarist can shred too! Skill wise he won't lose out to Sugizo, but becos Inoran wasn't interested in playing lead, Sugizo took over entirely the role of the band's lead guitarist. Ryuchi, perhaps the best and versatile vocalist in J-Rock scene. He can screams!! He transformed from a metal head to a pop star over the 10 yrs of LUNA SEA's history.

Recently LUNA SEA just came back together for a reunion concert.

Some ppl from some band make some comments to his girlfriend that during our jamming session that why do we chose to play LUNA SEA's song, and that the song we played is so simple. I still remember it was yrs ago and the guy is damn arrogant.

What i want to say is, yes, X-Japan is the one that started everything in the J-Rock scene. But let's not forget about LUNA SEA. How come nobody give a damn about this band. Just becos they play pop-rock? or they are not visual-keis any more? Den what about L'arc en ciel? They are a pop-rock band by nature and they aren't vk too, but they still garner so much support in our local J-Rock scene. Something is wrong here right? My LUNA SEA thread in this forum response also not very good. so many months liao, still less than 100 views and 2 replies only.

LUNA SEA is also one of the most influential bands after X-Japan, as they are also bands out there who are, if not, deeply influence by LUNA SEA and those bands even prosper in the J-Rock scene!

If you listen to a particular J-Rock band for they have fanciful costumes, or good looking members, or "nice" music (when it sounds really simple and typical..), then, you are not listening to music, you are just another fan-girl, one that supports the likes of Fahrenheit, F4, and 5566.

LUNA SEA, definitely a band not to be forgotten!!

Hmm...well i seriously dun know wad to say,i understand that u r not trying to pick a fight or sumthing here simply rooting for ur favourite band i suppose, just wanna say that not mentioning luna sea in the list that doesnt mean its shadowed out and its not bcoz of the music they play or wadever, wether its pop-rock or anything i dun care,cuz i believe whatever genre it is as long as its music there will always be sumthing good abt it and as a matter of fact i myself listen to luna sea too n i agree that luna sea is a great band with great musicians in it ,but its just that i listen to more of x-japan,not bcoz of some fanciful costumes or shit,as long as they produce great music i will listen to them even if they wear tattered shorts n t-shirts with disfigured looks,and again its very insulting in ur last paragraph saying that

"If you listen to a particular J-Rock band for they have fanciful costumes, or good looking members, or "nice" music (when it sounds really simple and typical..), then, you are not listening to music"

Im sorry if this sounds too harsh but who are u to judge that we r onli listening to one particular j-rock band , and can i ask have u been listening to enough of x-japan to say that their music is "simple and typical"? Lastly im pretty sure that whoever posted here n is a member of soft has a passion for music,so pls don't compare us with those crazy fan-girls that onli go for the looks, and again im not implying that boybands only haf looks but as a matter of fact i would say that some of their songs ain't that bad either apart from the fact that most of their fans dun realli care about the music though.

Im too not trying to pick a fight here but just trying to do some reasoning,pls dun mind my attitude if it looks really bad to u ^_^

Im also a luna sea fan! I mus agree that they are underrated in SG compared to the other j rock bands.. But they are super hot in Japan! One of the legends..

alot of jrock bands e.g. gazette quote luna sea to be their inspiration.

Jus my 2 cents..

replying to the posts about luna sea:

luna sea is definitely one of the biggest jrock bands out there. X and them can be considered the forefathers of the visual kei movement and to a lesser extent, helped to popularize jrock! and yes, they were undoubtedly good, if not, why would Yo-san invite Sugizo to join S.K.I.N?

Another point I want to rant about, D'espairsray are not DEG posers! DAMMIT they don't even sound alike!!!!! I f***ing hate it when people call bands DEG poseurs the moment the band sounds heavy. FOR F***'s sake, i'm damn sick of people doing it and thinking they're right.

Just a few bands that people LOVE to call DEG poseurs: D'espairsray, gazette, girugamesh

how abt dir en grey , lar~en ciel, malice mizer, ?? they are one of those 1st japan bands i listen den i was very into jrock

Just a few bands that people LOVE to call DEG poseurs: D'espairsray, gazette, girugamesh

Hmm, i actualli felt that Gazette's sound is more similar to Luna Sea, especially their recent releases. Not saying that they're posers though.. well, they are fans of Luna sea, haha.

Asian Kung Fu generation, Dir En Grey, Girugamesh, L'arc En ciel, ELLEGARDEN, Anna Tsuchiya, Phantasmagoria, High and mighty colour and lots lots more.

Anybody dress like Visual Kei here?
I'm halfway there lol.

X JAPAN LA, however, i still liked the taiji backed X more, sigh miss the old days, not like heath who wore a fking policeman suit in the hide memorial summit lol

Chill man.

Girugamesh's earlier works do sound a lot like Dir en grey. But I wouldn't go to the extent of saying they are DEG poseurs lah. Nothing wrong with being strongly influenced by another band. I think Girugamesh has evolved to find their own sound already anyway. :)

Girugamesh sounds similar, but yeah their later works are much better. I like Girugamesh more than diru now.

Back