Japan Rock/Metal

I_M_Ken Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no one here listens to Seikema II?

they're one of the best rock/metal bands in the history of japanese metal/rock man!

IMO, Loudness is nothing compared to them.

But no doubt Loudness is good.
haha

Seikima II uppp

amongst the mention of all the popular and famous jrock/pop bands, i'll add that ANIME themes can kick ass too. An example most of you would know, the theme songs to BLEACH, like Houki Boshi and Ichirin no Hana.
Makka na Chikai from the anime Busou Renkin would be a must listen for clean-shred fans.

Hmm I don't really listen to the really heavy stuff these days as well. I guess the most "hardcore" I go these days is DeG stuff. usually I prefer the more melodic J-Rock by bands like Glay and Luna Sea.

And I love Malice Mizer. They were one of a kind really.

basically j-rock bands tend to copy rock/metal bands straight off the cover, AND they're not ashamed of doing it, like how a singaporean band might think, "hey we sound too much like ____. we should make a change here and here, and change our sound a little bit."

the amazing thing is that j-rockers have found their own sound. their own melody. there's a certain melodic pattern to most j-rock songs, u don't have to hear japanese lyrics to be able to guess that a song might be j-rock. take for example, Luna Sea.

yeah i do listen to beat crusaders,especially after watching BECK,they sing for Bleach too if no mistaken.dir en grey,Galneryus,Girugmesh are my favourties too.and of coz MUCC!

SKIN

If you guys didn't know, Gackt has formed a band with Miyavi, Yoshiki and Sugizo. F awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_(Japanese_band)

Also, I didn't know you guys have this "Music Around the World" thingy.

Well anyone else living in Japan? It'll be nice meeting other SG-ans here.

import me to Japan pls~ haha

Mm yeah the new section of the forum about AROUND THE WORLD is really great, though it lacks attention. Maybe if you all hype it up abit more, soft will consider putting it higher up on the forum listing ;)

dunno y ppl like gay bands so much..especially the newer J-Rock bands..the newer bands focus more on the image if you didn't notice tat. I dun wan to mention which band la..but u noe who the lovelovelovelove la...

bands like:
LUNA SEA (fxxking hell..my all time favourite!!!!! i am a "SLAVE" but not an official one)
Galneryus (this is the best metal band around..powerful keys and guitars and vocals..i doubt Street Fest got any bands can play their songs...)
Deadman (a very cool and solid J-Rock indie band)
The FLARE (Sugizo and Yuna's band)
Plastic Tree (the vox sounds gay..but the guitar is cool..i like the solos he is doing)

bands i loveloveloveloveing hate:
Despair Rays (fxxking Dir En Grey poseurs...they sound like shit..)
..+ all the newer bands...

stop all the visual shit..the bands are great..listen to their music..not follow their costumes!!

Last edited:
dunno y ppl like gay bands so much..especially the newer J-Rock bands..the newer bands focus more on the image if you didn't notice tat. I dun wan to mention which band la..but u noe who the lovelovelovelove la...

bands like:
LUNA SEA (fxxking hell..my all time favourite!!!!! i am a "SLAVE" but not an official one)
Galneryus (this is the best metal band around..powerful keys and guitars and vocals..i doubt Street Fest got any bands can play their songs...)
Deadman (a very cool and solid J-Rock indie band)
The FLARE (Sugizo and Yuna's band)
Plastic Tree (the vox sounds gay..but the guitar is cool..i like the solos he is doing)

bands i loveloveloveloveing hate:
Despair Rays (fxxking Dir En Grey poseurs...they sound like shit..)
..+ all the newer bands...

stop all the visual shit..the bands are great..listen to their music..not follow their costumes!!

Hey peter, long time no see. I been playing chi, jap & some eng metal music since we lost contact. Have to correct you since you keep spamming about chi rock music cant make it & jrock newer band sucks. Anyway regarding your another post, there do have alot of taiwan/china rock band that rox big time. Just name some :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UR6sJMJpc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SrwOH44Spk
http://cn.profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1300537919
and too many for me to name.. msn or pm me if you want more

Well about VK, i cant disagree with you that there is alot band that focus more on look instead of music. However there is alot new band that play real good music especially those indie/underground 1. Just to name some :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgyJOau1PO4 (a song my current band covering)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll9wCQNBUyo

Galneryus is belong to power metal, syu sure can shred well but his sweeping still need to improve. anyway check out this streetfest guy :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKpYJcWSztg
He got invited to play with steve vai last year

Luna sea.. it seem to me they are more pop than rock to me. pop rock? Read from somewhere that they try to vk lesser so that they increase their album sales..who knows?
Anyway here's a luna sea cover by blood stain child, hope you like it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGznOrhT3RY

luna sea
L arc En ciel (fav, not so rock, more like pop rock)
Onmyouza
Dir en grey
D
X Japan
Alice Nine
Aikawa nanase (singer, 1st Jrock Queen in Japan)

currently hooked on Girugamesh's songs

Hyde,

i never say Chinese music cant make it..dun get my posts and its words wrong..Chinese music is very rigid towards genres as its listeners are all who make the whole chinese music scene rigid and inflexible.

Why can the media and music companies make the public accept mando-hiphop and mando-RNB to be widely accepted into the public's mind and not rock music?

Rock has always been branded as noise..especially among mainstream chinese pop and shit listeners. Even if recording companies wanting to brand and publicize their rock bands, they still can do it now in this era, BUT...BUT..BUT...have you ever noticed how these so-called "super chinese rock bands" or "亚洲第一天团" which the media likes to boast about is being recorded? The volume of the parts and channels of the songs are all badly altered and programmed to acheive this. Vox sounds loud, guitars sound soft, bass sounds just right, drums..just right..keyboards even louder and clearer than anything else.

This is stupid i think. It is like an artist paints a picture, he hands it to a company who is willing to help sell his painting, but the company go and edit his painting further in the name of "to-make-ppl-understand-and-willing-to accept-ur-stuff", make it look like something that has lost its meaning, and sell it to the public.

Rock, is a kind of art. I feel that recording companies and media should promote this form of art. It is not an unhealthy form of art or culture that has been misunderstood by the major public. Alot of ppl is struggling to promote and share this art to the masses, but they are ppl who just dun understand and unwilling to accept this form of art.

If ppl can say pop, hip-hop, rnb, is a culture, is an art, den, what is rock?

i think that if Japanese and Chinese are all Asians, and Asians are all conservative, y can the Japanese promote and flourish and even make their own version of this art?

i very tired now..this is part one..its 0030 hrs at night now...shall continue in the morning..

now the part 2...

Some ppl say that Chinese music scene is very opened up nowadays already. However i do not agree. There are still genres that ppl still dun accept even till now. Like rock.

Techno and hip-hop music, most of them do not make real musical sense. However, ppl still promote them, listen to them. Den... y rock is being outcasted? (in this case in am referring to chinese music)

When it comes to chinese music, it has many forms, be it dialects, or genres. They are still many nice music and acts that are still undiscovered or is just simply a fact that ppl dunno how to appreciate it.

Chinese music is not only over commercialize, it is very very realistic. Just look and listen to what 93.3 plays on the radio everyday. Commercial songs, all kinds of shit, that sounds the same. Y spent money and promote on music that sounds the same?

Like wad i wrote on the other post sometime ago, if chinese music scene has its own Yoshiki, wah..tell u...chinese rock got hope already...can pwn liao...haha...

Thats all..see what others have to say..

now the part 2...

Some ppl say that Chinese music scene is very opened up nowadays already. However i do not agree. There are still genres that ppl still dun accept even till now. Like rock.

Techno and hip-hop music, most of them do not make real musical sense. However, ppl still promote them, listen to them. Den... y rock is being outcasted? (in this case in am referring to chinese music)

When it comes to chinese music, it has many forms, be it dialects, or genres. They are still many nice music and acts that are still undiscovered or is just simply a fact that ppl dunno how to appreciate it.

Chinese music is not only over commercialize, it is very very realistic. Just look and listen to what 93.3 plays on the radio everyday. Commercial songs, all kinds of shit, that sounds the same. Y spent money and promote on music that sounds the same?

Like wad i wrote on the other post sometime ago, if chinese music scene has its own Yoshiki, wah..tell u...chinese rock got hope already...can pwn liao...haha...

Thats all..see what others have to say..

i totally agree. i cant stand listening to 93.3 coz ppl thr r just copies of one another. all of the girls are trained to hav the same kind of high pitched act cute voices since rainie or wtv started the trend. chinese still got a prob accepting rock music. i hav to say tt mayday, cherry boom are not rock bands. just because they hold guitars dosent mean they sing real rock. shin does some nice rock songs but most ppl jus go "urgh, noisy!" n they didnt last for v long. i cant agree more on the wasting money part. but i think ppl now pay for looks, not music. for eg. fahrenheit

malice mizer, moi dix mois, laruku, dir en grey, alicenine, gazette, kaggra,loudness and of cause x

I went to Moi Dix Mois concert... They were... FUUUYOOOH! Wow. And they had D'espairs Ray for their opening.. I'm bad with names but sure as hell the guitarist waved at me(Yiiipeee YAYY!). I was on the second floor.. I have a problem with crowd so I was sitting down and had my head hanging out on the rail.

One thing that made me gag so bad was that everyone were doing this synchronized para para thingy... They all sway in a pattern. Well quite a shock. And I had a good lecture from hubby about respecting the culture they have during a performance. We weren't supposed to take photos too during the performance. We were caught a few times by D'espairs Ray's guitarist...

Yeah. Some story to share.

Back