Is it normal to be 17 but still 'gig-virgin' ?

JaarVis.

the thread title says it all .
was just wondering about it . like for my case. ive only gigged thrice. one during a birthday party . and two in school . but i feel like gigging more. but still not up for it yet. and i feel kinda weird when i see ppl of my age with alot of gigging experiences y'know. its like , i'm still yet to meet my extreme dream .
i wanna see the metalheads moshing to my music. its like my dream come true . but i dont have the courage yet.

so , is it normal to be seventeen but still a gig-virgin ?

this thread could have those who're still yet to gig.
could be a motivation thread. =)

hhahah. fast reply eh . well well , i'd be gigging by the end of this year. thats for sure.
jus formed a band. gonna start out soon . hopefully it works out well .
i jus cant wait .

When I was 17, I had my first ever gig - singing for teacher's day concert. I couldnt play any instrument then. Prior to that I only sang in my primary school chior in pri 4 once only. No jamming, no gigging, no nothing.

Kids nowdays are so lucky with music. So many opportunities etc.

Today, many years down the road, I have played several hundred (if u count my many 6 ngts a week gigs) in clubs, concerts, on TV, in competitions and sessioned for various bands in various genres, recorded and make a nice "side line" outta it.

I'm not bragging, my point is: If you want it bad enough, you will make it.

My final aim in music is to do my own album (still in the works).

dude. im 19 this year im yet to gig. worst case than you. haha

but im aiming to gig before end of the year. (hopefully)

Haha, i don't suppose age matters a wee bit? What is important is when u are old and dying you KNOW IN YOUR HEART.

That you have once in your life performed on stage, and had the balls to perform in front of everyone else.

And that the random bugger next to you on the street hasn't had the balls to speak to a group of ten people.

So I don't suppose it's that big a deal. After your first gig, I suppose you can continue improving drastically in leaps and bounds when you are more comfortable.

what about 17 yrs old and still a virgin?

that IS the question dude. ha.

anyway , thanks for the positive stuffs. im gonna pull out my courage andd work well with my band . and all the best FGL for ur album . ha. arnt u guys desperate for gigs ? especially when u haven performed at all ?

but i dont have the courage yet.

so , is it normal to be seventeen but still a gig-virgin ?

It took me 20 odd years before I decided to take my music to stage. I had a mentality that you need a band to go onstage and rock crowds so I was waiting for a band that never came.

In the end I said to myself: "F*** it, do it your own way, but do it" and I did.

Best feeling ever when you near had the crowd moshing to you, despite your lackings :mrgreen:

and all the best FGL for ur album . ha. arnt u guys desperate for gigs ? especially when u haven performed at all ?

Reason why I havent completed my own "solo" album is that I am still sourcing for good musos and working & reworking the music in my spare time. I dowan to rush and do something - just for the sake of doing it.

The same priciple will apply to your art. Perfect your song, presentation and craft yourself in the best way posible before wanting to go onstage and dont worry about how long its taken or not taken you.

my 2 cents to the 17 needed ..

=THOA

wow. 20 years . you played alone on stage ? wad kinda songs man .
i respect ur courage man .

=fgl

yeahhh man . i get what u mean . but in this kinda desperation im feeling. i'll prolly work a on a few originals. and perform em to see the outcome. see if the ppl like the music we play . like for example 3 originals and 2 covers or smth . i really hope so man . we're playing oldschool rock - heavy metal and slightly higher to lets say , groove metal ? or melodic death . but whatever it is , like bro FGL said , i need the perfection . i know what i gotta do . and i know that i gotta do it right. im waiting for the right time .

hey i just had my 1st gig at streetfest and im 25!

I was at Streetfest!
Which band are you in?

and to the topic starter,
I'm 19 and I'm still a gig virgin.
If you're really passionate about music,
age doesn't matter ^_^

=doggieshaman

i feel you man . thanks for that advice . =)
yeahhh. im dying to perform in a gig .
im dying to see metalheads moshing.
im dying to see a row of metalheads headbanging in fronta me .
im dying to crowd surf with my guitar . hahahah

=zullio

hahahha . but it doesnt make a big diff too yah. i mean . 2 years gap . maybe within the 2 years , i would have jus a few more gigs. tats all .ha . all the best anyway bro .

=kohled

im Jaarvis btw. =)
haha. well , i was just wondering about it . so yeah .
hopefully it really doesnt matter.
but sometimes its good to start early yah ?
i mean , learn from experiences . yeahh.
if u get wad i mean . ha.

Sorry about the name thing
>.<

But yeah, I know what you're getting at.
Starting earlier won't hurt coz it'll give you
more experience + time to improve but hey,
just go with the flow and do things at a steady pace.
When it comes to music,everything will fall into place
sooner or later. :)

hey im 21 yet to be gigging.
just go around and supporting my friends thats all.
maybe late this year or next...

=kohled

haha. dude , im sick of supporting my friends.
everytime i support em .
i ask myself , "why am i here. and not up there. "
im not tryna say that i wont support my friends anymore luh .
just that , in return , i wan em to support me. =D haha

Back