Looking to form an experimental rock band (industrial/noise rock/post punk/post rock)

en.igma

Hey! I'm a beginner guitarist looking for people to jam with. Mainly in search of drummers/vocalists/bassists for a start, but would be more than happy to have other instrumentalists on board (keyboard/horns/zithers...you name it) - as long as you're someone really keen to discover genre-defying sounds.

I see myself drawing plenty of inspiration from dreadful post-rock, noise, and experimental bands/artists such as Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Nurse With Wound, The Residents, Lydia Lunch, Machine Girl, and Merzbow. Yet at the same time, I listen to a variety of music - Sonic Youth, Talking Heads, Suicide, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Burzum, CAN, Sun Ra, and Molchat Doma, just to name a few.

As mentioned, I'm still a beginner guitarist trying to wrap my head around music theory (while I do have a musical background playing the piano and in school orchestras in the past). That being said, however, I wish to play with a group of people who are more interested in free-form music (not so much of the technicalities) and would love to discover personal meaning and vision in it. If this goes well, I could also see this turning into some sort of art collective.

If you're keen, feel free to let me know in the comments below x

- Shea

Hi, im a vocalist, i play songs like manson, rammstein, rob zombie, korn, ratm, hacktivist, otep, coal chamber, etc. Let me know if you still need a vocalist. Here’s my number 82266821.

Sounds interesting... do you foresee going into music like Within Temptation kind? Like big, heavy sounding musical concept? Im a drummer..

Hi bassist here, listens to Sun O))), Russian Circles and some forms of Shoegaze and Blackgaze. PM at 8 four 3 six 24 six nine if interested...

Hey I'm also a beginner guitarist who's into Merzbow, Sonic Youth, and Talking Heads. I am totally interested in forming a band that plays music like what you mentioned. I do know a bit of music theory, but I also am interested in the textures of sound, dynamics, and intensity. My biggest inspiration is probably Les Rallizes Denudes, so I'm a little inclined to play music like them, but I am very open to other things as well.

P.S. I created my account just to reply to this post.

Back