Intro:Slipout

slipout

Name: Roland

School: Singapore poly, second year this year (dam time fly in poly)
About myself:
Sadly, a more gear oriented person than skill oriented person. More interested in making of guitars than playing them. I do custom PC casing.(Addition blow hole, respray and so on) Used to be a mad hardware and o/c guy.
Tried to do a own sustainer on my guitar, but i "almost" screwed up but lucky i did not. (i do this reading a guide, it isnt very hard compared to respraying, yar i coil those stuff all that my own, maybe im used to playing electronics since young, influenced by my grandfather)
Attempt to sand and respray, but failed. Managed to sanded down to natural wood, sprayed a nice attractive bright orange colour but screwed up during laquer time and sanded it bad to natural and oiled it.
Attempt to scallop whole of my fretboard, failed totally, beyond repair. Started from lower frets which was easy, and really screwed up coming along to way up, a fret even pop out.

Gears owned: Fender 58 RI stratocaster in 3 tone. Yamaha pac012, pac812(not available in SG if im not wrong), pac112, some used bodies from ebay and rg1550. Dont owned any effects pedal :( (Actually i dunno i really hate strats, but i always ended up getting strat or super strats. I find them too versatile, and 3 pickups abit troublesome for me. If there is a signature model for me, it will be a telecaster with 2 humbucker, with phase switch with tap and sustainer.

Gears i want to own: A acoustic guitar with nice inlays, nvr had a chance to touch them. For electric guitar, currently no sign of GAS.(probaby something with tree of life inlay, but not Vai sig model)

Influences: Anime beck, Eric Clapton, EJ, Satch, PG. (Love EJ the most)

Other hobbies: Once a pc o/c maniac, always pc o/c maniac (juz incase pp who duno, its stand for overclock. Die hard anime fan(erm no offences but im not naruto or bleach fan)

Dreams: Boss of a well known guitar brand which have excellent QC and great value.

Overclock as in overclocking your pc, making it work faster than stock. I am not very familiar with the jargons but you get the main idea.

Back