head or cab

uzzo88

which one makes the sound nice??
will bad head with super good cab make good sound? or vice versa..

both are just as important imo. it's roughly the same analogy if you plugged a 10K guitar with a crappy distortion unit... you'll just get crap sound.

likewise in this case, tha cab is the guitar, and the cab speakers is the distortion unit.

for all intents and purposes, usually the head will get you the more specific sound though.

my goodness...answer the fellow la..

HEAD is more important.

one reason why a head is way more expensive. duh. cus it dictates majority of the sound the speakers will produce.

imo, both r equally impt. We all know how impt the head is, but cabs r just as impt in my opinion.

The size of the cab need to be calculated carefully, and built sturdy. U wont want some cab that buzz or rattle when u crank rite? Also this is where the "sound" get much resonating. Also, the speakers r designed with dif freq characteristic so that also affects the tone. N other things like the air its pushing. 2X12 open back and 4X12 close back also does make a dif...

Also a excellent overdrive not not just the cranking preamp n power tubes, but as well as how the speakers break up...

So a gd head thro a lousy cab will sound not v nice. I heard muddy cabs b4, n didnt like them. Ever seen reviews where one guy badly rates the amp, but praises it when he fit in some jensen or celestions?

But if cost is a factor, than its better to settle for a better head (One that u plan to hold for long), n get a suitable cab. Its more practical n logical to upgrade the cab than head

Back