Gentle Bones signs to Universal Music Singapore with a multi-rights deal

soft

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Universal Music Singapore is proud to announce the welcoming of Singapore’s very own folk/pop artist Gentle Bones to the label with a 360 degree deal that includes recording & publishing rights, events, endorsements and merchandise. The deal marks the first for Universal Music Singapore with a Singaporean artist and the first major record deal for Gentle Bones.

Since Joel Tan aka Gentle Bones debuted his EP in late 2014, the 21 year-old has gone on to achieve so much more. His debut single, Until We Die, hit the #1 spot on Singapore’s iTunes charts a day after its release. It was also named Singapore’s favourite track for the year of 2014 on music streaming service Spotify Singapore. Follow up singles “Save Me” and “Elusive” also charted #1 and #3 respectively on Singapore’s iTunes.

Additionally, the self-titled debut EP peaked at #1 on the Singapore iTunes charts upon release.

2014 was undoubtedly a breakthrough year for the young talent. Gentle Bones was invited to play at the SG 50 countdown at The Float @ Marina Bay, to a sold-out crowd of 25,000 people. His recent milestones include opening for global artists such as Us The Duo and Christina Perri.

“It is refreshing to stumble upon a talent that we feel is different; a cut above, with the potential to cross borders and really go the distance – Gentle Bones is such a talent and we are really excited to be working with him and the prospect of taking his music to the rest of the region and beyond” said Mr. Sandy Monteiro, President – South East Asia, Head of New Business – Asia Pacific (ex-Japan), Universal Music Group.

“My progress with music has been an incredible one over the past years and has exceeded my wildest dreams” added Gentle Bones, “With the involvement of Universal Music Group in the Gentle Bones journey; it leaves me with great hope of taking my artistic endeavors to greater heights.”

The rest of 2015 looks set for Gentle Bones’ star to shine even brighter. In early 2015, he has toured Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and is chosen to be one of the performers at the SGMUSO Live showcase in London, 24-28 June 2015 that is organized in collaboration with Singapore Tourism Board. He has already written and recorded a brand new song titled “You’re Almost There” for the 2015 SEA Games soundtrack.

His first major-label debut EP is scheduled to be released later this year.

Re: Article: Gentle Bones signs to Universal Music Singapore with a multi-rights dea

Singapore rock and roll starts rolling again !

Back