Model Name: Timbre SR-200
Series: Standard
Body: Alder
Neck: Maple
Nut: Bone Nut
Fingerboard: Rosewood
No. of Frets: 22
Pickups: 3 Single Coil pickups
Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle Pickup)
Switching Control: 5 way switch
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
Bridge: Standard Heavy Chrome
Machine Head: Chrome
Pick guard: 3 ply white/black/white
Scale Length: 650mm
Width at nut: 43mm

It comes with this:
- Timbre SR-200 electric guitar
- Timbre soft gig bag
- Timbre 10 watts electric guitar amp w/built in overdrive.
- Cable
- Timbre strap
- GHS Picks
- Cherub WST520GB Electronic Tuner

Total:$320

i was wondering if the timbre 10 wtts electric guitar amp can do me distortion...i would love distortion but i need to know to set which buttons to which no.[bass,treble and such for distortion]
other than that,i was wondering if this guitar should have a change in pickups...and if it were to have,which should i go for?dimarzio?
other than that,i was wondering if i could get a 15 watt amp as i know that 10 watt wont do me much good!:D
haha and tell me to change what strings and such
hmm,,,its at woodlands eh?lol its freaking far from my house and i would like to know if theres a woodlands bus to tampines interchange and i wanna know what should i bring....like a bag...i heard the package is tall in size and i want to like...carry it somewhere else...obviously not carrying it as it would look embarrasing....hm i live in bedok
suggestions are welcomed and needed

THANKS A MILLION!(=
please tell me about the following
the place to go[bus no.]
upgrades[strings,!!!!*AMP*!!!!]
is 10 watt enough
how to carry back home
any instructions to set it up
and last but not least whether it is good and is it better than squire?i heard about some posts saying it is a better copy.
either way
thanks again
:p

The Timbre SR200 is a value for money beginner guitar package. You get all you need to start playing.

I tried the 10w amp at SV when it first arrived and unwrapped from box. It is loud for a 10w amp. You just need to depress the overdrive button to get the overdrive tone and tweak the EQ accordingly to your preference.

I would not advise you to change pickups at this moment. You can change them at a later stage when you get yourself a better amp. You will not hear any difference in a 10/15w amp. If you intend to change, you can consider Tesla pickups at SV. They are hot :).

You can ask Mike at SV to show you how to change strings when you get the guitar from him. As for whether to bring a bag, hmm I think you have include that in your post that they do provide a bag for this package. ;)

Don't worry about the setup. They will do a good setup when you purchase the guitar. To carry the amp and guitar home should not be a problem for most people :).

Where to get there? Refer to this.

Cheers!

Last edited:
it can't do you distortion. only overdrive. and it will be better to change pickups if you know what to change and if it suits your needs. dimarzio are quite expensive.. you can consider tesla pickups at standard value there... so you do not need to go different places to change pickups. 10watts is enough unless you intend to gig with it or go live with it. you can take cab home. this is cheaper than a squier... strings are on the guitar right? don't jump the gun dude... you haven't got your guitar and you're thinking about things which should be thought after a few months of playing.

just go and try la, create so many threads for what.
ultimately it is gonna be your guitar so do your own homework and research instead of relying on our help, we all have different tastes, and the guitar tone i like may be shit to you and vice versa

dont change ur pickups. it wont magically change ur overdrive from the amp into distortion..

if u want distortion, get a distortion pedal.

like ryanz said, change ur amp. the improvement in tone from changing ur amp will be pretty vast, whereas changing pickups and using that 10w amp, the changes will be very subtle

that statement i just made somehow is always overlooked by softies.

i'm not saying all but many many of them insist on changing their pickups even when they use such crappy amps.

i came to the conclusion most of them like the feeling of telling ppl their guitar is modded.. its cool what..

Last edited:
i'm one of them... i want to change but i can't =(

why?

no cash? u should have used the cash from buying those pickups to purchase amps.

if its loudness, well, get a roland cube 15x or a fender frontman 15r.. small and super. i'm gassing for a fender frontman 15r so i can stereo my rig at home. HAHHA.. but i got other priorities.

dudelove: I can't change my mindset... Lol. and i become damn disillusionied by this laney amp from sweelee... then i dun like to buy new amps liao... because i tot laney will sound better than my yamaha.. but to my ears.. the yamaha sound better than laney... which really disappoints me.

dudelove: I can't change my mindset... Lol. and i become damn disillusionied by this laney amp from sweelee... then i dun like to buy new amps liao... because i tot laney will sound better than my yamaha.. but to my ears.. the yamaha sound better than laney... which really disappoints me.

Laney is not the only amp in this world. ;)

teleplayer: If the Laney sounded better than your original amp, why did you buy it in the first place? :S

Also, in a practice amp, I'm quite sure pushing the OD button will give you distortion. Isn't there a Gain dial?

And you haven't bought the guitar yet or heard it even, why would you want to change the pickups? Pickups change the sound of your instrument, it doesn't give you a generic "better" sound, whatever that may be. Save your money. And if you consider strings to be an upgrade.. >_>

the problem is... the person don't allow me to try... then i also very dumb to just buy... =((

EDIT: from sweelee.

LIE DETECTED.
there isnt a no testing policy, you were probably intimidated to open your mouth to ask if you could try.

I have no problem trying out gears in Swee Lee and it's not wise to buy without trying.

LIE DETECTED.
there isnt a no testing policy, you were probably intimidated to open your mouth to ask if you could try.

You can don't believe me. I bought it during feburary 2007, the fender sale when fenders are going at 50% off the laney amps are in open air downstairs... I did asked this saleperson but he said I cannot try.

Yeah I can attest to that. Swee Lee has a no testing policy during sales. Bit ridiculous if they expect you to throw money down on amps and such, but then again, it would be a nightmare if everyone was sitting around playing on their amps during their sales.

Back