female drummers

whoa

actually..girls can play drum quite well too u know.
we are all the same.only diff by the fact that
we are male and female..afterall..
we are human beings too!
and of course..drummers as well..

wahh.your girlfriend drums?.then u also drum?
fun eh..can compete..
if other party lose
owe one kiss
haha

Hihi (and hello to Badger88)

Oh I saw your band performance on Tuesday, as I also had friends perform in the afternoon, their band is pervy Boys.
Sorry for late reply as I dun check in here quite often.

My friends and I were standing directly behind the chairs.
I think I am wearing knee high socks and heels. and probably smoking 8)

But I think play weekends better more people Tuesday (wkdays) is a bit sad.... not much crowd :oops:

My frens's band did better on saturday.

But I think if u want more audience response, play streetfest u dun get it much, I think the current charity rock concert at Youth park last wkend the audience rockz.... they seem like people who really appreciate music...not like random shoppers/cinema goers.

Just interested, How and why did you and anyone here pick up drumming in the first place??

Cheerio,
Sephira

Lol I'm a female drummer too!!! :D Next time I want play power in a rock band man!!! Haha. Who say female drummers not enough power and strength when playing bass drum? Sure enough strength one, if not how to kick husband next time?! Ok jkjk haha. I know that was lame.

One of the best female drummers is Meg White (The White Stripes). Seems like no one mentioned her yet. Good drumming, but her cymbal-playing sort of sloppy though, IMO. But anyone who has a page on Drummerworld should be quite good la. Haha.

Tampinesean..... i only know 3 drummers here...

one smildrumez, two haikal dunno got account anort.. most of us are from st 44 and 45... wooot

come over our cribs for a jam at our kit :D

metzalx, you rock for mentioning Meg White!!!

The White Stripes are one of my favorite bands ever. I've seen them five times (2 times in London, 1 time in Reading, 1 time in Osaka, 1 time in Perth) live now and everytime MEG BLOWS ME AWAY! She's totally playing the music! Simple playing but it sounds damn shiok in the song context!

@ marcdadrummer, I live St 21 haha. Ok next time i want jam i call you guys up!!! :D

@ killerbee, Yep Meg White belongs to the small group who play simple beats, but these beats really suit the music! It's like another musical instrument all by itself! So this is a lesson to all drummers that you don't need complex beats to be a good drummer. Be Meg White - Play the music, man! 8)

I've heard Samantha Maloney (I think that's the name) of the Peaches is pretty good too, but I haven't had the time to check her out. Anyone here who has seen/heard her already?

Thank for the clip - Beth

Oh and by the way - Yes Female Drummers - - - ROCK too as hard as the Males (even harder at times) Kekekeke :smt040 !...... Do come and join us on our 6th Soft Drummer's Exchange this 18th August Saturday (12 to 5pm)...see below Thread and sign up if possible......(Drummeright, KillerBee, Snowflier & Joanne) will be joining us - do come...hope to see you all there.

http://www.soft.com.sg/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38493&start=0

Back