female drummers

oh i saw evelyn glennie when she played at the esplanade, wow she was gd man.
she's more a classical percussionist though

this thread is getting filled up with female drummers ... let me do my part of introducing the yin into the tread ....... firstly ..... drum rolls !! .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Uambax4Xs&mode=related&search=
alessia mattalia ....... next .... drum rolls !! ...... leticia santos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw86ArNUA_8&mode=related&search=

thats wat i found on youtube .... most of them come from usa .... why not we have a singapore one ? record one and post it on youtube ? who is up for this ?

hey marcdadrummer, thanks for sharing that, I've been looking for that girl on youtube for a long time after someone showed it to me. Emmanuelle Caplette - she's the best female drummer i've seen! totally kicks my ass man.

I guess my silly little drummer never wants get involved in these females threads in SOFT.

Btw she loves Princess Barbie dolls, Care bears, her favorite color is pink and she loves other cuddly things.... :lol: Nah just kidding Stephanie. Just teasing her.

Everyone get drummeright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

RD: Erm. No. Replying to a thread actually seeking for female musicians doesnt make me female. Only in some other twisted world. :lol:

Reply from female drummer in singapore

Hihi there. :roll:
great to know fellow female drummers exist here :D
I have been playing drums since 1999 and jamming in bands since 2000 till late last year.

Just watched a band on Tuesday at cineleisure for streetsfest called EXIT. The female drummer not bad, but the bass drum needs more work.
But she's one of the good female drummers I've ever seen here in singapore. Not that I biased against female drummers, but I saw some who really have no strength and stamina to play one and they just like ..hold back.

But I agree not many ppl prefer female drummers to jam with as it have always been a male domain typa thing. And the reason most ppl wanna watch female drummers is (1) whether they look hot ; or (2) if they really can play.

(REPLY to above post.)

Whos this?

You might recognise the band name in my signature. :wink:

That Tuesday was our worst performance.

You should have been there when we played on the Sunday before that.

But for some reason even Tuesday was our worst, it was also the performance with the most applause.... 8O ????

Back