Everything is a lie, and thats the only truth : Vocal Facts.

hi, i do have some enquiries.

I have natural high voice, for a male.

I have been going thru seriously bad times as I always had been forced to keep my song low. I even have to go even lower than my speaking voice most of the time to achieve it. Sometimes when i was forced to sing my scales low, or doing warm up, I have serious difficulty singing low, at times, I dun even noe how to sing such low note with my diaphram, in the end, I can feel pain in my throat. I have to secretly change pitch to sing through the notes. But somehow my singing instructure was not too pleased with that.

But I'm still puzzle..

Is it really true that you have to sing low in order for you to master high?

How low can one suppose to go so that one wont be hurting their throat? Or there are other ways to train for low voice without hurting the throat.

Or is it neccessary to even train for such a very low voice for ppl like me who have natural high voice?

true

I sand low to mid range but over the years..I can even hit Robert Plant range nowadays...

my secret?

Gudang garam & teh halia!

ellex --
i answer backwards k...

whether it's necessary or not for you to train your low voice, that depends on you and the songs you wanna sing. it's always better to be trained on both ranges though, to increase vocal flexibility; i'm sure you don't want to limit yourself to singing only some songs that are within your vocal abilities..
some trainers also like to train the lower voice because it adds support to the root notes and tone. don't know whether your instructor was going for that.

next, your instructor sucks. if he/she doesn't suck, he/she should know/find out what your vocal range is and train your voice in music that suits your range, not the other way round. if your voice is being forced to be lower just to sing a piece of music, then fire your instructor.

if your voice is naturally high, then going low should be at your natural pace; when it starts to hurt, you're straining /aka forcing your voice to go beyond its natural range without easing it into the range. don't know why your trainer is forcing you to sing low when it obviously doesn't work for you the way he/she wanted it to, and don't know why he/she's forcing your voice like that. it isn't the right way and it could mess your throat up bad.

without ellax's recording, it is impossible to prescribe the solution. quick, record something using your mobile phone or computer microphone! :smt034

Back