DS-1 MT-2?

the DS-1 is a very mild distortion pedal, better off as a booster. the Metal Zone is a popular intense distortion pedal.

try a RAT 2 or DS-1 and boost with tubescreamers.
Put an EQ after that to scoop the mids and you can get pretty heavy.

Hey Mjollnir
relax man. Those aren't shit, those are valuable information from helpful ppl.

Don't you get it, this is all subjective. And there isn't any beginner's pedal in the first place, cos they're both different, as explained by the helpful ppl. A beginner can use any pedal, or can do without one.

Go to www.roland.com to read up on each pedal in more details.

Ppl try to be helpful and u think they're shitting on ur face. If you don't understand, trying reading it again. If you still don't, try taking up some english classes. It isn't abt being a noob at all. Can't even tell the difference when you're being helped... or shitted?... Try put some shit on your own face yourself and see if that feels different. I can volunteer to help you. :roll:

Mjollnir said:
hey ima noob stop putting this shit into my face juz tell me for a beginning pedal DS-1 or MT-2

Yeah man! Chill out dude! You gotta lay off the metal because you got a bark like a Rottweiler!

Here's a list of suggested bands that you can listen to in order to relax:
- Pink Floyd
- Grateful Dead
- Enya

None of those use DS-1 or MT-2 though.

ok i used both before , and yes ds-1 is really good for what $70 ? ...

metal zone sucked. ds-1 rocked.

my opinion though......
some people actually like metal zone.

there see dat was some helpful advise i dont mean shit as in its crap info to me i mean shit as in info read it again

OK....info MAN!!!

MT2 - For hardcore, trash, most metal music, you play Metallica, this is the pedal. But very versatile, can of course tone down the distortion and gain but the sound is different from DS1.

DS1 - For rock, punk, modern also can. Except it's original tone is somewhat lacking body, very popular pedal to mod for warmer and fuller tone.

So you playing what, is what you get. DS1 is much cheaper pedal, so you can just get it anyway.

it also depends on your amp. if your amp's job is to accomodate a good, intense distortion type pedal, the DS-1 is going to disappoint you. the metal zone on the other hand would fit this role well. if you think you like the mild distortion of your amp, & it just needs a little beefing up, then the DS-1 would do well to boost it up. 8)

den wat about those EQ pedals and a wah wah i love dat hendrix voodoo man its so sweet sounding its like pure wah wah

the EQ is a gadget which helps you refine your guitar's tone, the frequency selection helps to boost/ cut certain bandwidth which you prefer/ detest. a useful tool this one...

wah is a tone manipulator, it accentuates between the high/ low freq of your guitar as you manipulate the pedal with your foot.

mikemann said:
OK....info MAN!!!

MT2 - For hardcore, trash, most metal music, you play Metallica, this is the pedal. But very versatile, can of course tone down the distortion and gain but the sound is different from DS1.

DS1 - For rock, punk, modern also can. Except it's original tone is somewhat lacking body, very popular pedal to mod for warmer and fuller tone.

So you playing what, is what you get. DS1 is much cheaper pedal, so you can just get it anyway.

how about MD-2 (mega distortion 2) ?

anyone able to find pedals from cash convertors? anyway, pls gimme ur views on multi efx VS pedals

Back