Drum shields

somebody

Thinking of making one for my bands studio. Any suggestions on the homemade way? Material? Size? specific directions?

Yup, Nigel will try to share as best he can. Anyway, materials are usually acrylic. Although it would save bit of cost makin it urself, still its more viable to purchase one cos the effort, time and everythin else surpassed the benefits of making one as opposed to buying. Jus my 2-cents...

ahhh okay. thanks for your input man. how do i contact nigel? is that is nick or his real name, or both. :)

Nigel's shop is Drum Resources at basement of Excelsior Shopping Centre.

Yeah, I'm sure he'd offer you some tips. I picked up some tips on cymbal care and snare tuning/setting up from him too. Do pay him a visit some time :)

oh yes! nigel! i was wondering if it was another nigel. okay okay. sure. thanks. anyway, i'm still hoping to hear from you guys on tips to soundproof a home studio, especially the drums. Looking out for second hand drum shields too, or at least, anyone who can help build one. I'm more than willing to learn.

hell yeah man

hey if you guys have any info about how to make a drum shield share it please. would be helpful to many i guess.. thanks man

hey guys, but im sorry to spoil the topic.

during a certain drum clinic i attended.

i learnt that building drum shields is like putting the drummer in the cage. to solve the noise problem.

this doesnt really attack the root of the problem, rather, a quick way to solve it by reducing volume transmission to the outside.

drumming and volume can be controlled by the drummer himself

$0.02

mm.. i think you can go to like those industrial parks and look for acrylic shops?these shops supply acrylics to our schools DNT workshops.. then measure the length of ur drums, including cymbals, right to left.. lets sae 3.5meteres. order it frm them.. im sure they have their own lobang to supply mounting racks and shelves to place e shield there?

Back