drum lessons at yamaha

ixora05

I posted this in the wrong forum just now. heh. me is n00b. apologies. anyway, just wanted to ask--what do you all think of the standard of drum lessons at yamaha? I start there on Oct 1st, and I just bought the drum coursebook today. (and starting to panic, heh. it looks really complicated. what did I get myself into?)

dudee, jerry or ah tut as he's called teaches there and he's really good man. get him or anthony fong if he's still there.

yo hi... i am also taking lessons at yamaha ps... about 1/2 yr...

i am in group lesson but progress is not terribly fast.... lucky my group is small tho...

but no worries the first few lessons are pretty easy ... its just hard bcos u are not used to reading scores...

i would say yamaha has a well organised lesson plan and definitely gd for beginners.... gives u a gd foundation... den when u progress further... you might want to get a 1 to 1 teacher bcos u would hav probably developed a style and wouldnt be suitable for groups... also after some time ... the progress kind of slows down for group... cos some ppl slow den hav to wait blah blah...

You can ask for specific teachers? I always thought that if someone has the talent then it should be okay whether a teacher is good or average or whatever...and I think I'll be one of the slow ones slowin down the class heh.

They have a very systematic syllabus at Yamaha.

All the teachers there are good. If they aren't qualified enough, Yamaha wouldn't hire them. Everything else is all up to you to take it in your stride. All the best! :)

Starting is Yamaha is a good idea since they teach you quite a good foundation on drums. When you look at the book, don't look too far ahead. It's not complicated at all if you learn the beats at a good pace.

I'll try not to panic. heh. thanks for all the help everyone! (and the encouragement) i'm just afraid of being the slow one who slows down the class that everyone complains about.

i have a friend.. took drum class for almost a year.. and quitted halfway.. due to super slow of teaching the group.. :/// it depend in ur group actually how committed are they to learn. The teachers are all good. btw which yamaha did u go to? Plaza sing?

nope. Angling/asking/negotiating/hinting at/begging for one. if not...well guitar77 and other studios stand to make lots of money from me.

Oi, chewie.

This guy's already enrolled at yamaha and this forum's not for advertising. You can buy an advertising space up there but stop repeating your advertisments here. It would be at least better if you're more creative than copy and pasting your ad.

ixora05 said:
nope. Angling/asking/negotiating/hinting at/begging for one. if not...well guitar77 and other studios stand to make lots of money from me.
oo if u don't have a drumset at home can go studio jam with ur friends lor... but how u gonna practise what's being taught weekly?

go studio every time ah? wah... exp

Does City Harvest teach you to be so desperate and, put in crude terms, conceited? Looks like you're really desperate to have students, nth wrong with tt, but pls take your condescending attitude elsewhere.

chewy said:
Frozen said:
Oi, chewie.

This guy's already enrolled at yamaha and this forum's not for advertising. You can buy an advertising space up there but stop repeating your advertisments here. It would be at least better if you're more creative than copy and pasting your ad.

Sure.

Hi everyone! I will be teaching at Yamaha soon so stay tuned for more news! I will also continue to give private 1 to 1 lessons at my home studio for those who are interested. Thanks and have a great day. :D

>.<

Back