Dr Ducks Ax Wax and String Lube

RyanZ

Hi all, I have something to share. :)

I bought this amazing bottle of multi-purpose cleaning formula and string lube today. Just tried it on my guitar and I'm amazed by the results. It leaves my guitar smooth and squeaky-clean with just two drops of the Ax Wax. What's more, this bottle of Ax Wax can clean the entire instrument and even lube the strings and tuners! Try it! :p http://standardvalue.com.sg/store/in...&productId=436

12022009213-1.jpg

is it just me or does this sound like an ad xD? And btw can you compare this to fastfret pls :p, i'm thinking of buying string lube too

A really LONG list of brand endorsers and comments from users there...

I find this the most odd though.

"When I changed strings last Friday, my wife (who is a pianist and my biggest musical critic) commented that the strings sounded "dead", even "tinny." This was a surprise to me since I have been using JP 80/20s for years: they're great and they have better intonation on my guitar than anything else I have tried. OK, so maybe I got a bad set. I opened another set of JP 80/20 lights and strung them up. Almost the same sound but... maybe a little bolder. So I asked myself: what is it I usually do to my guitar after restringing it besides tune it and play it? The only thing I could think of was polish it with Dr. Ducks Ax Wax. This includes a swipe-and-wipe-off of Dr Ducks on the strings, too. I did this to the strings and the guitar just roared into life! Somehow the Ax Wax allows the strings better flexing or something, the beauty and resonance of the JP strings was what I had remembered from the J40 in the past. My wife commented, "Yes. Now it sings!" The chords just bloomed and sustained with tons of volume.
Is there some kind of reason for this (physics, chemistry, engineering, or otherwise) why this happened? Just curious.
Thanks to all for your great guitar products!" - Sincerely, Mark Riesenberger

That's quite a claim for something that's more like an all in one cleaner.

SO does your guitar quack now?

That's quite a big bottle, maybe I should move to that, cause I've been using Dunlop 65 for a long time.

not too expensive to give it a go. everyone should at least have a bottle of cleaner somewhere.

If you want to do a test and have 2 guitars, get the Dr Duck and head to guardian or watson, ask them for a bottle of pure white mineral oil ($3-$4).

Try Dr duck on 1 guitar, and the mineral oil on the other.

Do the same application method, use same kind of strings. Note that you should test it on guitars you have had for a while so you know how its supposed to have sound like before you apply these stuff.

Why choose mineral oil?

Because most other string cleaners, fretboard conditioners are made from mineral oil.

It's funny when the bottle claims to contain: no wax, no acids etc but never really states what it really contains... nonetheless I think it should be a good product and will head down to SV one of these days to get 1.

SO does your guitar quack now?

That's quite a big bottle, maybe I should move to that, cause I've been using Dunlop 65 for a long time.

I use dunlop 65 too, but it doesnt seem to work at all. Also, must take care of the fretboard, cos mine is a rosewood one.

Back