Download or Buy Albums ?

JaarVis.

heyy. ive been wondering , how many of you actually download music ? as in , almost ALL of your songs are downloaded once. be honest ya. not here to ask the websites where u download from or whatever. wanna see how maany ppl actually buy albums to listen to the band's music rather than download. i dunno how to put it . but ive been wondering , as recently , ive been downloading music here and there from bands ive never heard before to listen to em. so its like , i feel guilty while downloading. yeah . and i hope im not the only one .

Support Orignals !
the work of musicians deserve pennies ! :D

Thanks !

I listen to the stuff online if it's available on myspace/purevolume, and maybe download if i'm not 100% sure.

If I like, I buy, if I don't, I delete.

download then if i like it, buy.

or i randomly enter a cd shop and just pick up a random cd and pay for it. if i like it good if i dont too bad =x

Last edited:
Ah, something similar to my topic. But different in a way.
Albums for sure. I hate it when people say, "I'm a fan of (insert band name)!"
Well, and they download their songs. Come on, say no to piracy. So what if the album cost a bomb. If you're a true fan, price will mean nothing to you.

i would usually buy albums of bands that im really a fan of. no matter good or bad.

i would only download those occasional songs i'd get hooked to. songs not albums.

maybe not so related, but im a sucker for dvds. so i'd usually wait for special releases for certain bands just to get the dvd. either that, live dvds.

local bands and underground bands across the world(eg. malaysia, indonesia etc.), i buy.. major bands, mostly i download.. =)

download listen good then buy
as for dream theater...buy for sure...

but too bad mostly just download...coz listen to lots of jap stuff n new age stuff...mostly not sold here...freaking ex to import...
will buy if i ever go over to jap...

cool. majority of you guys buying albums eh. well , few stil do downloading.
i still download too. looking for nice new metal bands . but yeah , say no to piracy .
if u can afford it , then just buy it.

I download sample tracks on the band's page. Everything else in my library is bought.

You're not a music lover until you start buying. I don't understand why you can't spend $20 on an album when "music is my passion" or when "I live for music". Every passion comes with a price.

Haha! i will rather buy than downloading this is the only way to support the band and respect their work as well rather than download their stuff off the net.... i always spend half of my pay on CD and band merchandise, which i think is worth it if you are a fan of that band

Back